Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Pizza Oven Design and Installation > Getting Started

Like Tree36Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2012, 07:24 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Starting new 36" build

Hah! I was planning on following your lead! The landing is only 2.5" thick. Must look deeper in picture due to the forms. But it's still gonna weigh 200 pounds. Will be fun to flip and install!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 09-20-2012, 04:48 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejayoh View Post
Will be fun to flip and install!
An upside down pour! This opens up lots of possibilities. I can't wait to see what you have in mind .

Old 09-20-2012, 06:34 AM
Master Builder

Post Re: Starting new 36" build

DJ
That looks great. You will have great results for sure. I keep thinking that this should get easier after i got past the dome. NOT! keep up the good work.
What did you decide to do at the retaining wall/counter top joint?
Tracy

Old 09-20-2012, 07:18 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Yeah Gulf,

I wanted to do this type of pour but would not work out with my layout. DJ can really place his accents where he want, me I am at the mercy of whether I can float them in at the right depth and keep em there.

Experiences are the names I call my mistakes!

Link to my build -

My Picassa Picture Log
Old 09-20-2012, 07:26 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Now I feel a little sheepish. I wasn't planning to use any aggregate or anything. I think my imagination is failing me. Ideas for accents?

Tracy - I think I am going to do what you suggested, use a piece of flatstock bar at the joint. I may just cast the thing with the metal already installed. Not sure what it would do to the polishing pads though.

Old 09-20-2012, 07:46 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Hey DJ,

I did not mean to put up on the spot. It is your build. But if you are interested, Cheng goes over accents on some of his YouTube videos. It is at least worth looking at. Even one or two color stones/crystals/fossils or accent could add bang to you hearth.

Experiences are the names I call my mistakes!

Link to my build -

My Picassa Picture Log
Old 09-20-2012, 08:16 AM
Journeyman

Quote:
Even one or two color stones/crystals/fossils..
funny you should mention "fossil" Russel. I tamped in a small limestone fossil at the back of the oven - just to see how it would turn out after grinding.
I never saw it again

Old 09-20-2012, 12:13 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Insert part A
Starting new 36" build-wp_000117.jpg

Into slot B
Starting new 36" build-wp_000118.jpg

Probably should have used solids, but that was a sh!tload of cutting! I hope this works.

Last edited by deejayoh; 09-20-2012 at 01:19 PM. Reason: rotate picture
Old 09-20-2012, 05:06 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

It fit! I am pretty happy with the results. I am amazed how much mortar one uses with regular bricks! About 100 pounds just to do that. Course, I had a coule of restarts...

Starting new 36" build-wp_000119.jpg
texman likes this.

Old 09-20-2012, 05:22 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejayoh View Post

Probably should have used solids, but that was a sh!tload of cutting! I hope this works.
You don't want to use solids for this type of brick work - cores are stronger. Looks great!

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.