Old 04-12-2009, 09:33 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Starting my WFO finally

Travis - my opening is around 22 x 14. I have a 1 inch reveal so the net opening is around 20 x 13. I've been pretty happy with it so far.

Les...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.
Old 04-13-2009, 07:48 AM
Journeyman

thanks a lot

Travis

My 44" oven in progress...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-27-2009, 10:53 AM
Journeyman

well its slow getting started but its coming along. that is me in wheelchair and my oldest son in the pic and my dog Shadow relaxing under the base and my dog Hannah outside.

Travis
Attached Thumbnails
Starting my WFO finally-sdc10296.jpg   Starting my WFO finally-sdc10314.jpg   Starting my WFO finally-sdc10315.jpg   Starting my WFO finally-sdc10317.jpg  

Last edited by CajunKnight; 04-27-2009 at 10:55 AM.
Old 05-01-2009, 07:39 PM
Journeyman

well my concrete is getting set up now on second pour and its coming along nicely. with the help friend Henry, Barry, my daughter-in-law Amy, my son TJ, Jessie, and my wife Yvonne. its the help of my family and friend that am getting done. and not as of yet my brothers Benny, David, Mark and my nephews Ray, Leo, Aaron and Noah.
Attached Thumbnails
Starting my WFO finally-picture-064.jpg   Starting my WFO finally-picture-066.jpg   Starting my WFO finally-picture-068.jpg   Starting my WFO finally-picture-029.jpg  

Old 05-01-2009, 09:20 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Awesome Travis - at the end of the day, it's all about friends and family. God speed and I am looking forward to seeing a pic of your first pizza.

Les...

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.
Old 05-01-2009, 10:39 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Travis, you could stop right now and your dogs will be so happy you built them this cool, cement room to hang out in.

It's great you've started your WFO, I just thought you've had one already for some reason. I't s great to see a new build. It's also great to share it with friends and family. It makes it all the more special for everyone.

Say, are you building it under a covered area? Nice base and stand. Cant' wait to see the rest. What size oven are you planning on?
Take care, Dino

View My Picasa Web Album UPDATED oct

My Oven Costs Spreadsheet

My Oven Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 04:37 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Its going to be a real community effort, your oven... Its great to see you all pitching in there together and I really look forward to the pics of you all enjoying pizza, that and crunchy chicken.

Old 05-03-2009, 03:15 PM
Journeyman

the dogs will enjoy it quite well LOL. thinking about not quite filling the wood storage all the way up to save room for them, hehehe.

it will be a 44" inside diameter. it was due to the frame work i chose the dome. it papasan chair frame you saw in the first set of pics.

it is going to be a community effort. its going to be a family gathering for sure. thankyou all very much.

Travis

Old 05-03-2009, 06:30 PM
Master Builder

Hey Travis, with all that help it'll be done in no time!
I'm looking forward to seeing your oven take shape - any idea yet what kind of finish you want to do?
Old 05-03-2009, 07:17 PM
Journeyman

i am planning on brick around the base and slate around dome. and red 6" ceramic around the top. if i have enough help ("help" key word in here LOL) there
will either be red terracotta or brick for chimney. if the help holds out, LOL. i ain't going to have any trouble there, i have a support team.

Travis