Old 05-12-2008, 09:35 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Second hand bricks

Sheep Les, sheep

This is a pic I sent out a while back titled "Field of Dreams - It's Saturday night, who's my date". I know it's a bit sick, but we need to break in these newbies correctly

Chris, in all sincerity, good luck with the build and we are here to help.

Les...
Attached Thumbnails
Second hand bricks-field-dreams-002.jpg  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.
Old 05-13-2008, 03:25 AM
Master Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les View Post
Sheep Les, sheep

This is a pic I sent out a while back titled "Field of Dreams - It's Saturday night, who's my date". I know it's a bit sick, but we need to break in these newbies correctly

Les...
You don't have to be sick to post here but it certainly helps

I like Spring Lamb...I'll take the one with the skinny legs.....
Old 05-13-2008, 05:02 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

HAHAHA, I love it!

Reminds me of the first time I met a Kiwi... someone said "this is Peter (dont mention sheep) " and I'm going Why???

Poor inoffensive guy, of course from then on whenever I saw him I'd mention sheep... as did everyone else... he didn't stay in Switzerland for long though, I wonder why?

And when I was in Texas I'd always get "Say something in Swedish!".... Our cousins accross the pond never seemed to be too hot at geography...

Great thread already, good luck with the build Chris!
Old 05-13-2008, 05:19 AM
Master Builder

I understand...must've just had a Coor's Light or two in ya maybe...JK...t was just too funny the way Chris answered
All the best!
Dutch
Quote:
Dutch, I am usually pretty good at location - I know more than my wife pretty much 90/10 on Jeopardy. But in my defense, what the hell happens in New Zealand (no offense Chris)

Les...
Old 05-13-2008, 05:21 AM
Master Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frances View Post
And when I was in Texas I'd always get "Say something in Swedish!".... Our cousins accross the pond never seemed to be too hot at geography...
This is just too funny! Once again I am ROTFL
Dutch
Old 05-13-2008, 07:56 AM
Laborer

Quote:
Sheep Les, sheep

This is a pic I sent out a while back titled "Field of Dreams - It's Saturday night, who's my date".

Les...

I don't know about the rest of you but I would give a lot to have that kind of view out my windows. I live here in suburbia not far from New York City and all I get to see are track housing, strip malls, and lot of traffic. Enjoy it.

--mr.jim
Old 05-13-2008, 08:06 AM
Journeyman

New Zealand is a great place. If my memory works I beleive that the WETA workshop is based there. A great deal of the "Lord of the Rings" was filmed on location in New Zealand.. beatiful country. Maybe if George and I say nice enough things we could get invited to a pizza bash ?
Old 05-13-2008, 10:22 AM
Master Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2iko View Post
I don't know about the rest of you but I would give a lot to have that kind of view out my windows. I live here in suburbia not far from New York City and all I get to see are track housing, strip malls, and lot of traffic. Enjoy it.

--mr.jim
That's not the Somer's I remember. I used to live in the Hudson Valley. My dad and I used to help a faculty member of JFK Catholic with a soccer camp each summer for about 5 years or so. My how things have changed!
Best
Dutch
Old 05-13-2008, 10:53 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

So Frances, if you don't speak Swedish, what is that noise coming out of your mouth? Sheepish?

-
Old 05-13-2008, 11:35 AM
Laborer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchoven View Post
That's not the Somer's I remember. I used to live in the Hudson Valley. My dad and I used to help a faculty member of JFK Catholic with a soccer camp each summer for about 5 years or so. My how things have changed!
Best
Dutch
Yes things have changed here and not for the better. The actual town of Somers is still historical and kept mostly as it was during the American Revoloution but the areas surrounding us have fallen to the tract housing developers. There are still the high end mansions surrounded by green belt. To the west of me looks like I previously described. I used to love it here in Westchester but it is a now a sprawl.

--mr.jim