Old 11-27-2008, 10:47 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Possible hearth slab issues

Steve, make sure you CALL Forno Bravo instead of trying to place your order on line. Odd size/heavy items automatically quote extremely high shipping in the online store. James explained there is a glitch in the system and if you call, you will usually be quoted a much more reasonable shipping rate.

RT
Old 12-04-2008, 11:48 AM
Apprentice

I called FB about the insulation boards and they did confirm that the the shipping rates on-line were not correct, but they were sold out of the boards. They referred me to another company but that company told me that they did not sell anything that I could use to replace the FB board. I did however find an insulating board on line that I hope is compatible.

$43.97 -- 2-SHEETS/Case 3" CERAMIC BOARDS, Density 20LB/FT3 or 320KG/M3 at McGills Warehouse

They had the same product as in the above link but 2" thickness and comes in three 2"x2ftx3ft sheets per case. Has anyone used this board or provide some light as to whether or not this may work?
Old 12-04-2008, 03:30 PM
Brick Oven Merchant

Hey Steve,

This is a case of some confusion on our part. I sounds like our staff started talking with you about FB Blanket, and missed the shift to FB Board. Sorry about that. FB Board is in stock and FB Blanket is back in stock next week.

Also, we have updated the FB Store and it is giving accurate shipping costs on the heavier items, such as FB Board, FB Blanket and Refmix. It had to do with per box weight limits with FedEx Home Delivery (which isn't important), but it is working correctly now.

Again, sorry about the mis-communication. Let me know if we can do anything to help at this point.

Keep it going!
James

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.