Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Pizza Oven Design and Installation > Getting Started

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2012, 06:46 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Oven Floor template

This was my first idea for my entry. I was going to just add a heatbreak before I settled on my final design. It would give someone the clearance needed to insert a door and the "clearance" of a flair without the "intimidation" .

Mine is drawn with a heatbreak, but for someone who isn't interested in that, could set the outside arch directly on the interior arch.
Not wanting that much reveal or that wide of an opening: Notch the brick like I did (back in my build) without the space for the heatbreak.

Just say'n

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 03-27-2012, 09:56 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Oven Floor template

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancho1976 View Post
Dino, the template on post 305 is exactly what I was looking for, do you have any other templates that you think I might need?
I just found a 36" oven "dome study" I did for Gene a year ago. I'll post it here in pdf. Again: it was a study to see how small of a block stand or base you would need. It seems (to me) that it should be 4 blocks wide unless it's igloo style or perhaps a corner mount although 3.5 blocks seemed tight but do-able if your careful with the insulation and let overflow into the "stud" space.

I don't show the herringbone floor it but it does have the soldier course and a good idea of how the 2 arches are placed.

PS: Gulf: that's a great idea for the entry with a heat break!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 36 oven study.pdf (43.7 KB, 137 views)
chirobuggy and Pancho1976 like this.

View My Picasa Web Album UPDATED oct

My Oven Costs Spreadsheet

My Oven Thread

Last edited by Dino_Pizza; 03-27-2012 at 10:00 AM.