Old 10-24-2012, 03:14 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: New WFO in Asheville

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laku View Post
I would not mess with camera picture resolution, take them as large as you can. Reason being if you ever take a picture of something you'd like to get enlarged (you can't often tell in advance when you get something like that) it will be impossible from too small a picture. Reducing the size is easy, enlarging with good results practically impossible.

Just a friendly tip from a guy who works with images for his living.
Good idea if you are taking a photo with a lens larger than a dime but for most of us the pocket camera or phone is the primary photographic tool. And there is so much noise in the high resolution photos of a low cost camera very few are worthy of a blow-up.

But good advice for those of you who own real nice cameras with the proper lighting and are trained in the field of photography.

Chip
Old 10-24-2012, 04:04 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: New WFO in Asheville

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robpriddy View Post
I am struggling with the landing a little. I am going with 19" wide but don't know how deep the landing should be. The layout that I currently have allows for about 12 1/2" for the landing. Is that about right...any advice??
Do you mean 12 1/2" for the vent? or do you mean the vent + the landing?

My experience, 12 1/2" is pretty deep vent - especially if you are going to have a landing in front of it. My vent is 10" deep, with a 15" deep landing - and I would not want to have to reach much deeper in there for starting fires and such. Some builders prefer a deeper vent with a narrower landing, because it's easier to build the opening on a deeper vent. I you choose to go with a 12" vent, I would plan on a narrower landing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.