Old 06-23-2009, 07:47 PM
Apprentice

Default Re: My turn...finally

Well, the hole is dug!!!! Going for gravel and sand on Thursday and I hope to have it framed up and ready for concrete over the weekend. Concrete sometime next week. Look for more photos to come soon.
Old 06-23-2009, 08:38 PM
Master Builder

Great job. Keep us posted!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-27-2009, 02:05 PM
Apprentice

Post Re: My turn...finally

I have made some progress... not as much as I had anticipated. I have roughly 14" of gravel down in the hole and I have ringed it with block. Going to fill the ring with 8" of tamped sand, frame it in add rebar and pour. Hopefully by next week some time. It gets hard trying to balance work kids and a large project such as this.

Peter
Attached Thumbnails
My turn...finally-100_9513.jpg  
Old 06-27-2009, 02:16 PM
Master Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by KraemerBAC View Post
It gets hard trying to balance work kids and a large project such as this.

Peter
I'm right there with you, Peter! Hang in there!

Old 06-27-2009, 02:57 PM
Apprentice

Thanks Mike...
Old 06-27-2009, 03:26 PM
Apprentice

Looks like you're off to a good start Peter. My oven became an obsession as that is all I could think about all day long. You'll be making many pizzas before you know it.
Old 06-28-2009, 06:40 PM
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveP View Post
Looks like you're off to a good start Peter. My oven became an obsession as that is all I could think about all day long. You'll be making many pizzas before you know it.
Before I go to bed I plan the needed activities for the next day. I have a vacation break planned for July 19th - Aug. 4th, which would be a great time for the dome curing to take place. I need to put in a string of fulls days...
Old 06-29-2009, 07:31 PM
Apprentice

Good evening all,

Well I got the sand finished..Hand tamping is not for the faint of heart! I now have forearms that look like Popeyes and some sore elbow tendons as well. I will have the form boards cut and the rebar cut and bent tonight so I should be able to finish all that tomorrow night. Yesterday I picked up the rest of my bricks, some residual mortar but old and crumbly..rub two bricks together and voila... no more mortar. I am getting antsy to get building! Soon my pretty, soon!!

Peter
Old 06-30-2009, 09:36 AM
Apprentice

OK I've got the fever.. I did some rebar work last night at about 11:15 under the soft glow of a couple of TIKI torches......My wife believes I have lost my mind or at least what was left of it..

Peter
Old 06-30-2009, 11:23 AM
Journeyman

Peter,
New projects like yours springing up all the time. I am still curing and I started last fall. I have read many 'threads' about people who have built over the past couple of years. Tell your wife there are many other 'crazy' men and women all over the world... it's just a fun project (with a few challenges along the way)

Good luck and post lots of pics.

Lars.