Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/)
-   Getting Started (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f6/)
-   -   Indoor oven venting (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f6/indoor-oven-venting-18898.html)

Jeff B 01-31-2013 02:55 PM

Indoor oven venting

Hello

I am planning a home theater / game room / pub area in my daylight basement and would love to have a wood fired pizza oven so of course I have a few questions.

Nearly all of the indoor pictures I have seen have what appears to be a vent hood of some kind above the oven opening. Is this for any smoke that may leak out during lighting? Is this tied to the flue or a separate fan/exhaust path?

The top 18" of my basement walls are above ground so I was thinking of running the flue out the wall near the ceiling, then a T with cleanout outside then a vertical pipe outside. Has anyone done anything similar? Or any other ideas for a basement flue?

I'm sure I'll have many more questions.
Thanks
Jeff

brickie in oz 01-31-2013 09:47 PM

Re: Indoor oven venting

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff B (Post 144811)
Is this tied to the flue or a separate fan/exhaust path?

Hi Jeff.
I assume it would be separate as tying into a flue higher up would make the flue not draw properly.

REE REE B 02-01-2013 03:22 PM

Hi Jeff

I would check with your local building code inspector to see what you need for something like that? as with our indoor pizza ovens the require a double wall chimney and you can also get an elbow chimney pipe as well if you needed it.

shuboyje 02-01-2013 04:22 PM

Burning solid fuel code will require a class A vent. This can be a manufactured system like REE REE B mentions or a custom welded system built to the proper specs which will include 3" of fire wrap.

Jeff B 02-01-2013 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by REE REE B (Post 144875)
Hi Jeff

I would check with your local building code inspector to see what you need for something like that? as with our indoor pizza ovens the require a double wall chimney and you can also get an elbow chimney pipe as well if you needed it.

Thanks
Are you talking about the duratech stainless pipe or the black double wall pipe?

I have the outside chimney figured out, now it's just a matter of figuring out the inside pipe.

I sent an email and called and left a message for the county so hopefully I hear back soon.

brickie in oz 02-01-2013 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff B (Post 144891)
Thanks
Are you talking about the duratech stainless pipe or the black double wall pipe?

I have the outside chimney figured out, now it's just a matter of figuring out the inside pipe.

I sent an email and called and left a message for the county so hopefully I hear back soon.

Youll need stainless as anything less will rot out in no time.

Jeff B 02-01-2013 10:03 PM

Thanks, that's what I thought.

Jeff B 02-01-2013 10:43 PM

Looks like I need a 90 degree elbow, but I can only find 30 degree elbows in stainless.

brickie in oz 02-01-2013 10:47 PM

90 Degrees is bad for a chimney, 45 is good 30 is better, you just need more pieces.

Jeff B 02-02-2013 12:32 PM

Has anyone used the Duravent DVL pipe? It's stainless on the inside and galvanized on the outside.