Old 03-18-2010, 09:49 AM
Serf

Default Re: How much clearance?

Neil, that is very sound advice. I will stop in and ask, anonymously if possible. In my case it is not machismo (I have obtained permits in the past), but rather a fear that there is no practical way to build if the department chooses to require a permit. I have established trees, redwood decking and a fence to deal with that are all technically combustible, and within 10 feet. The slope and size of the developed yard really only leave one practical location.

I don't really understand the 10 feet to combustibles. What about a fireplace/chimney in your house? I will ask when I talk to the department. Sadly there may be no one to talk to. Our county had to massively cut that department.
Old 03-18-2010, 10:47 AM
Master Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruced View Post
I don't really understand the 10 feet to combustibles. What about a fireplace/chimney in your house?
You can build your oven right up against your house as long as the top of the chimney clears several feet above your roof, otherwise the oven must be at least 10 feet away from the nearest structure.
You can build it right next to your wooden deck, as documented in several build threads here.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Weber 22-OTG / Ugly Drum Smoker / 34" WFO
Old 03-18-2010, 11:19 AM
Serf

Thanks. Good clarification. I guess since my deck contacts the house I was concerned it would be considered part of the structure.

Your Pizza & Cycling line is great. We were just debating how we could gain two pounds over an active weekend that included a five hour ride and a 90 minute run. I didn't drink THAT much beer...