Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Pizza Oven Design and Installation > Getting Started

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2011, 01:49 PM
Serf

Default Re: Help! Need foundation measurements, for walls, for 48" (interior) corner unit

Thanks guys for all your comments. The foundation for the oven was poured yesterday right on time, had some wire and rebar in the forms and a few poking out in the case that they (miraculously) work. I was able to allow a LOT of room for future oven changes because I decided the space in front of the oven, grill and counter area would be nice as a solid piece, a soft triangle space in the corner. It will be flagstone mortared onto the concrete. Everywhere else in the yard, except for the fancy steps and the "stage" under the portal I designed, will be flagstone that is "floated" on a bed of gravel and then weed cloth and then crusher fine sand. A low growing flat thyme will grow between the stones as I'm g\adding massive amount of seeds to the sand we finally sweep between the stones. That's the way they do it here in New Mexico. My outdoor space is being designed as an outdoor room -- the weather is so gorgeous up here at 8000 feet. We're at the Southernmost edge of the Rockies, the Rio Grande starts right here in this valley, draining those mountains. I'm putting all my construction photos, in order, in a file on Picassa if you want to check it out. There's no oven yet, just a poured corner section.

Special thank to Chip who quite literally responded with a 911 call. Man, that really helped! What a great site, great community. Looking forward to getting my oven designed and built. Hope to start it in earnest in a few weeks, once the big part of the landscape is completed.

Thanks again!
~robin

https://picasaweb.google.com/1104148...CJXg3ZafzZzNZA
Old 06-24-2011, 01:56 PM
Serf

Default Re: Help! Need foundation measurements, for walls, for 48" (interior) corner unit

Ack. Dear Moderators, how on earth do I delete posts here!? I'm obviously a beginner. I promise to figure this out....
Old 06-24-2011, 02:08 PM
Peasant

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinreese View Post
That's the way they do it here in New Mexico. I'm designing my outdoor space as an outdoor room -- the weather is so gorgeous up here at 8000 feet. We're at the Southernmost edge of the Rockies, the Rio Grande starts right here in this valley, draining those mountains.

Ack. Dear Moderators, how on earth do I delete posts here!? I'm obviously a beginner. I promise to figure this out....
You are only allowed to delete posts if you invite all who contributed to the thread out to inspect your progress first-hand. Pizza and barley pop would help with that inspection.
Old 06-24-2011, 05:44 PM
Serf

Hah. You're on! That would be great..
Old 06-24-2011, 08:21 PM
Master Builder

Robin, your in God's country. Skiing Taos is also great. Good luck on your build