Old 08-13-2008, 05:28 AM
Apprentice

Default Re: A few pic's of the beginning

Bimbo here's a pic of the 98% completed unit. I posted it under the photo section, but I'll throw one in here also.

Here' a link to that thread also http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f21/...tory-4547.html (A quick photo history)

As far as the flu for the fireplace chimney. If you look closely at the third pic on the above thread. You'll see how I laid out the firebox for the fireplace. There is an approximate 8" area behind the rear wall of the firebox. Then if you look at the next post below you'll see the flue coming form the hearth behind the oven. The rear wall of the firebox is angled towards the front and the firebox has an 8" x 18" void that leads below the flue. The flue draws pretty good, but I do get some out the front. Here's a pic of the interior of the firebox. I've really been enjoying both the fireplace and oven. The pizza making has a learning curve, but it's a lot of fun and the pizza's are great.

Old 08-13-2008, 09:43 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Beautiful work. That's a keeper!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Updated!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 08-13-2008, 03:48 PM
Apprentice

Thanks for that. Is there any flue that runs from the back of the fireplace to where it runs through the hearth? or does the smoke just flow into the cavity behind the fireplace and then up the flue?

Gradually getting my haed around how i can do it and have a dome oven at the same time.

Cheers
James
Old 08-14-2008, 05:33 AM
Apprentice

It's an open smoke chamber. I did, after the hearth was poured, lay brick on either side to contain the smoke a bit better. Something you may want to consider when you get started.

If I were to do it again, I would have done it a little different. (hindsight is a wonderful thing!) First I would have laid the brick before the the hearth was poured to seal off the sides of the smoke chamber. Then I would have laid or poured a shelf at the rear opening of the firebox. I didn't really think of that as I was planning/building! As I said, it draws well cold and gets better as the flue warms up. Since it's an outdoor fireplace, it's not an issue for me if a little comes out the front while I'm getting my fire started.