Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Pizza Oven Design and Installation > Getting Started

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2012, 07:41 AM
Serf

Default Re: FB Brand Insulation

jpar-thanks so much
Old 04-25-2012, 06:17 AM
Laborer

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejayoh View Post
You know, I forgot about McGill's Warehouse. I ordered my ceramic blanket from them and the price was really good

Looks like they also have a good price on Ceramic Fiber board - which is the same thing our hosts sells. Three 2' x 3' x 2" boards for $164.

McGills Warehouse Online Department Store,HF102 2" Ceramic Fiber Boards Density: 17.5lb/ft3 or 280kg/m3(D1A)(G2B)(G3C)

FWIW, I looked all over for local insulation suppliers and didn't find much. I think price & availability varies quite substantially based on location.

If you do order from McGills, I suggest checking out the ceramic blanket prices too - they are really low.

McGills Warehouse Online Department Store,HF10 Ceramic Fiber Blanket 2" - 8lb/ft3 or 128kg/m3

Good Luck!

Dennis
deejayoh.....These prices from McGills are great!! Almost too good to be true. What was your experience with them and the quality of the product you received? I am about ready to order board and blanket. Thanks
Old 04-28-2012, 08:21 PM
Laborer

There are a bunch of FB dealers in or near CT, if you can pick it up locally - otherwise, the shipping can cost as much as the product. By the way, the 1" blanket is easier to drape over the dome.
Old 07-23-2012, 11:12 AM
Serf

404 error on the first post's links... This has probably been mentioned before, but you really should take them down if they're not working anymore, and possibly revise the first post?

Unless it's just me?
Old 03-24-2014, 04:14 PM
Apprentice

It appears to me that McGills offers THREE boards (24" x 36" x 2") for almost the same price as FB has for TWO boards.
Am I missing something here?
Is this the same product?
I would much rather buy from FB but money is money...