Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Pizza Oven Design and Installation > Getting Started

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2008, 09:06 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: FB Brand Insulation

Well, I guess that those of us having bought or built our supplies now see James and FB stepping up to our needs. He is competitive and entrepreneurish.

I do confess the frustration from us about not having an FB kit for T/C's. James, this should be a high priority too. We love to get all from you when competitive. Heck, I will be buying all mortar from you, as well as my oven peel set, and likely, food items. Keep up the momentum.

Acoma's Tuscan:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-20-2008, 12:01 AM
Brick Oven Merchant

I agree that the thermocouple kit has to be high on the list. Right after the Balsamico arrives. :-)

Stay tuned for both thermocouple kit and the vinegar from Modena. More to come on both, and thanks for your patience.

James

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 01-20-2008, 09:35 AM
Journeyman

James,

Not sure if you saw my earlier post about the FB board and "food" safety.

Let me if you have any concerns about it being exposed to the inside of the oven (for a door).

Thanks
Dick
Old 01-20-2008, 11:31 AM
Brick Oven Merchant

Hey Dick,

I missed that one; sorry about that. You should definitely fully enclose any of these ceramic insulation products -- whether it's over the dome, under the oven, or potentially in the door. All of this type of high heat insulation is made with woven ceramic fibers that are not good to breath or come in skin contact.

Perhaps we should open a thread on building a highly insulated door. I've always got by with the basic steel door.
James

Old 01-20-2008, 12:39 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

James, you know you can't just get by on things anymore. This forum has grown exponentially, the creative thoughts, ideas applied, etc. I am sure the door thread would be big, since it is the final step to the oven, well maybe one of the final steps....

Acoma's Tuscan:

Old 03-26-2008, 05:47 PM
Journeyman

James,

I called to order some FB board (wanted to install on top of my vermiculite layer) and the girls said your out - is it really going to be 6 weeks before you get any in???

I'm hoping to start the actuall oven in a few weeks.

Thanks
Dick
Old 03-26-2008, 05:54 PM
Brick Oven Merchant

We are using SuperIsol to fill in, and matching the FB Board price. This should work out fine. Send me a PM with your contact info, and we give you a call.

We blew through a big order of FB Board and Blanket, and we're waiting on the new container. Ah, supply chain.

Stand by.
James

Old 03-27-2008, 02:16 PM
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by james View Post
We are using SuperIsol to fill in, and matching the FB Board price. This should work out fine. Send me a PM with your contact info, and we give you a call.

We blew through a big order of FB Board and Blanket, and we're waiting on the new container. Ah, supply chain.

Stand by.
James
I'm glad business is booming, I got my first order yesterday.

"It's time to go Vertical"

Old 04-16-2008, 09:26 PM
Serf

Could someone provide the specs for the FB Board?

Also, is any progress being made on a TC kit?

Thanks,
Tom
Old 05-09-2008, 09:37 AM
Laborer

Anyone know where I can get the ceramic insulating blanket in the UK?