Old 02-06-2009, 12:40 AM
Apprentice

Default Re: Corner Install with Kitchen/Prep Area

Here are the pics after the foundation was poured and almost dried. My step-father-in-law, R.O., is removing the forms. As you can see, it's a modified corner install, sort of a U design. The concrete circle to the right will be a fire pit. I'm still throwing around ideas for the rest of the kitchen flooring: poured concrete, pavers, bricks. We'll see what I come up with.
Attached Thumbnails
Corner Install with Kitchen/Prep Area-foundation1.jpg   Corner Install with Kitchen/Prep Area-foundation3.jpg   Corner Install with Kitchen/Prep Area-foundation4.jpg  
Old 02-06-2009, 12:51 AM
Apprentice

Here are the pics after we dry-stacked the concrete blocks. We have since filled the cores with concrete and built up the rear of the counter area. We have also added the electrical wiring and tubing to both areas, for lights and outlets. The area where my step-father-in-law is sitting will be a concrete bench, with cushions on top for sitting. The grill temporarily set in place is the wood-fired grill my wife bought me for my birthday a few years back. This will be an all wood-fired backyard kitchen!!
Attached Thumbnails
Corner Install with Kitchen/Prep Area-concreteblocks1.jpg   Corner Install with Kitchen/Prep Area-concreteblocks2.jpg   Corner Install with Kitchen/Prep Area-concreteblocks3.jpg   Corner Install with Kitchen/Prep Area-concreteblocks4.jpg   Corner Install with Kitchen/Prep Area-concreteblocks5.jpg  

Old 02-06-2009, 05:34 AM
Laborer

Looks great! Good luck on the build, and keep posting pics!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-06-2009, 01:01 PM
Apprentice

Thanks Carlos!

I'll definitely keep you all posted. And congratulations on your completion of the dome. Yours looks great!! I'm looking forward to working and completing my dome soon too! Saludos a San Jose!

aceves
Old 02-06-2009, 01:14 PM
Apprentice

The pictures look great! Great to see another oven in the Sacramento area getting built.
Old 02-06-2009, 01:42 PM
Apprentice

Thumbs up Re: Corner Install with Kitchen/Prep Area

Thanks Telehort!!

Glad to meet another builder in the Sacto/Rocklin area!! Your oven looks great!! I'm also incorporating the two lights on the face of my oven, with the addition of a few electrical outlets, for kitchen - blender duties. I can't wait for the weather to clear up so I can continue with my project!

I'll post some pics of the wood deck I'm building right next to the backyard kitchen. I hope everything turns out great!

Let's keep each other posted, Telehort!

aceves
Old 02-06-2009, 02:01 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Aceves,

That's going to be a great looking build - love the layout. Don't wory about the weather, your're going to working in 100 deg + temps before you know it.

Les...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.
Old 02-06-2009, 02:09 PM
Journeyman

Very nice! Its great to be able to have a complete plan and do it all at once. I found this forum way too late for that. Looking forward to following your build. Keep the pix coming.

Mark
Old 02-08-2009, 09:25 AM
Master Builder

Awesome! Great start.

And man does that foundation look familiar.

Keep up the good work and keep us posted. Let me know if I can help.

dusty
Old 02-18-2009, 02:22 PM
Apprentice

Thanks Mark!

Yes, the oven/kitchen plan had been in the works for quite some time. I figured it would be better to do it all at once than keep adding to it later on. I like your seating area too! And by the way, your build is coming along great! That herringbone section you added turned out great!

aceves

Last edited by aceves; 02-18-2009 at 02:29 PM.