Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/)
-   Getting Started (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f6/)
-   -   Cheap Fire bricks - Sydney Australia (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f6/cheap-fire-bricks-sydney-australia-6841.html)

aj7877 05-24-2009 05:49 PM

Cheap Fire bricks - Sydney Australia

Hi Guys,

I've been reading posts here for a while and see that firebricks are very expensive in Australia. I'm about to build my first WFO and also did the ring around and found the best price I can get them for is $3.30 per brick.

I don't want to pay this price so I'm looking into buying a large load of them wholesale & passing the savings on.

Would anyone be interested if I can get fire bricks and sell them at a much cheaper price than $3.30?

I'm located in Baulkham Hills(near Parramatta) in Sydney.

Harrison 05-26-2009 05:58 AM

Re: Cheap Fire bricks - Sydney Australia

i definately would. im local to your area as well.

i already purchased about 50 at for $3.50 each, and like u thought its going to be too expensive to do the entire oven from firebrick so ive gone and bought new boral blue solids for the oven and use firebricks for the base..

if you can get the bricks cheap i can always use the solids for other backyard reno's..

aj7877 05-26-2009 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harrison (Post 56274)
i definately would. im local to your area as well.

Great! I'll get things moving. I think the cost will be around $2.20 per brick. Please PM me and let me know how many you need, when you need them etc. Also, where are you located?

Cheers :)

Any other takes, I will try and get them all at the same time.

Rastys 05-26-2009 03:27 PM

Harrison,
run with your high fired clay bricks for your dome. Firebricks are an unnecessary expense provided the bricks you use are high fired and not ever likely to meet that temperature.
Littlehampton Bricks over here in SA sell heaps of their solid 4" clay pavers for around $.80c each which are fired at 1200˚C for wood fired ovens and many people use them without problems as our ovens (well mine does anyway) gets to just over 500˚C

Rastys

wilson1000 06-14-2009 02:27 AM

I would be interested in purchasing around 200 fire bricks. im also local and would pick them up. If you don't have any left please drop me an email comfirming and ill try else where

john gordon 06-19-2009 12:41 AM

I am also new and about to start an oven. I am interested in 200 firebricks if it is not too late.

John

aj7877 06-19-2009 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by john gordon (Post 58040)
I am also new and about to start an oven. I am interested in 200 firebricks if it is not too late.

John

No it shouldn't be too late. Please Private Message(PM) me with details of when you need them and the suburb you live in.

thanks

bimbo 06-19-2009 03:20 PM

that is a great price, the best i could get when buying 200 was $3.50 which was from Sydney

vitopalazzolo 09-19-2009 04:00 AM

Hi,

I only recently joined this site, I'm in the process of building my own pizza oven, I wondered if it is to late to ask about the cheaper fire bricks you mentioned way back in May 2009

I need about 200, would you be so kind to respond and let me know, I live local to you

Kind regards

Vito

MikeyMann 09-20-2009 02:50 AM

Hi,

I am also interested in firebricks. I am about to build the pompeii oven 42inch, so I guess I will be needing about 200 bricks or thereabouts? (this should cover the cooking floor and the dome)

many thanks,

Michael.