Originally Posted by brickie in oz View Post
Can you get 8" SS?
Got 'em stock.
Old 11-10-2011, 11:23 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Can I make money?

Quote:
Originally Posted by david s View Post
Wider door=greater heat loss, but better accessibility.
A 1200 int. diam is big( very heavy) for a mobile. You will need a tandem trailer and a big v8 to tow it.
The size was just a stab at a measurement, I then realised that a 5' wide trailer would just be wide enough with insulation.

I have the big V8, but I would still like to keep the weight down anyway, if I go ahead I will consult with my local tame refractory seller on options.

Maybe a castable concrete inner shell with a light weight castable outer shell and blanket?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-13-2011, 02:10 PM
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickie in oz View Post
The size was just a stab at a measurement, I then realised that a 5' wide trailer would just be wide enough with insulation.

I have the big V8, but I would still like to keep the weight down anyway, if I go ahead I will consult with my local tame refractory seller on options.

Maybe a castable concrete inner shell with a light weight castable outer shell and blanket?
BINGO, that sounds the best option. If you are going to build a mobile PIZZA oven, you wont need a huge mass, you arent doing bread or roasts so why have all that mass to tow around.
Old 11-13-2011, 03:36 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

The dilemma is that to make the inner shell light enough to tow you also make it thinner and consequently weaker.
Old 11-13-2011, 04:21 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Ive just been talking to a local baker and he can do bulk dough for me at $2 per kilogram, it would save me a lot of hassle if I did it that way.

He also does sourdough but he didnt say a price for that.

Old 11-13-2011, 05:24 PM
Journeyman

Quote:
The dilemma is that to make the inner shell light enough to tow you also make it thinner and consequently weaker.
Dave, I think if Alan makes the cast dome with a higher than normal percentage of s/s "fibres" it should be fine.
Old 11-13-2011, 05:54 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny the oven man View Post
Dave, I think if Alan makes the cast dome with a higher than normal percentage of s/s "fibres" it should be fine.
I think you are right. My mobile has held up better than I expected. There are cracks in the floor and one in the back of the one piece dome, but they're not getting any worse.
Old 11-13-2011, 07:56 PM
Journeyman

Quote:
I think you are right. My mobile has held up better than I expected. There are cracks in the floor and one in the back of the one piece dome, but they're not getting any worse.
There is a company in West Australia that uses up to 60% s/s in a castable called Fibrestone. They use it for cast lintels etc in specialized situations
Old 11-13-2011, 11:44 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

What would be the best way to anchor down the oven to a trailer/truck deck?

Old 11-14-2011, 04:10 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

I made a trolley for mine which is on wheels so I can roll it on and off. The trolley is held in with chains and turnbuckles,but if you want it more permanent I gues it should be bolted or welded in.