Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Pizza Oven Design and Installation > Getting Started

Like Tree39Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2014, 04:56 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thumbs up Re: 36" build in Tallahassee - AKA Bruce's Folly

G'day Champ
Wow that outer oven doors a beaut!
Done the usual trick myself and I'm still using the ply MK 1 outer door. Cause it an't broke I don't fix it. But after seeing yours, I might try to get MK 11 complete before the ply suffers from the wheather .
How about the colour of the dome. That really softerned over the time and nows a really nice earthy colour. Certainly compliments the stainless of the chimney and door
Regards dave

My Build

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Door

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-03-2014, 09:36 AM
Journeyman

Default Re: 36" build in Tallahassee - AKA Bruce's Folly

KB,

Great looking bird. I had forgotten that thread. Hard to believe a year has mostly passed. Look forward to see your plans for this year. With the snake, do you simply light one end and let it burn? Bruce

Check out my pictures here:

Selected pictures of the build.

“In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.” ― Albert Einstein
Old 09-03-2014, 09:44 AM
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobblerdave View Post
G'day Champ
Wow that outer oven doors a beaut!
Done the usual trick myself and I'm still using the ply MK 1 outer door. Cause it an't broke I don't fix it. But after seeing yours, I might try to get MK 11 complete before the ply suffers from the wheather .
How about the colour of the dome. That really softerned over the time and nows a really nice earthy colour. Certainly compliments the stainless of the chimney and door
Regards dave
Hi Dave,
I pass on the compliment to my brother-in-law. Did you ever come up with a way to lock in the outer door? Bruce

“In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.” ― Albert Einstein
Old 09-04-2014, 03:48 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

G'day Bruce
No Bruce I've not tried to bolt the door to the entrance. Current method appears to work well enought and has pasted a couple of storms without problems. It's just basic a hunk of really heavy 3x3 ironbark with a brick on it. Just bolted to the back of the door and it's just sits in the oven. Its on an angle so it the weight draws the top of the door hard to the oven entrance face.
I really should give it at least one more good storm really and if it doesn't become a missile and build something a built it of something more substantial
Regards dave

My Build

My Door

Old 10-19-2014, 11:08 PM
Journeyman

Pizzas still getting better. Here are some pics of the lastest"
Attached Thumbnails
36" build in Tallahassee - AKA Bruce's Folly-image_1974.jpg   36" build in Tallahassee - AKA Bruce's Folly-image_1970.jpg   36" build in Tallahassee - AKA Bruce's Folly-image_1972.jpg  
cobblerdave, oasiscdm and Greenman like this.