Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Pizza Oven Design and Installation > Getting Started

Like Tree34Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2013, 11:34 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: 36" build in Tallahassee - AKA Bruce's Folly

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobblerdave View Post
Gudday Bruce
Attachment 38047
Heres a bit of a line drawing of your oven to print out and draw on, colour in,
and play with as you which.....
regards Dave

Youll have to email some crayons Dave, not much good with out crayons.....

Of course the easiest way to see different colours is to use photo editing software, like Paint.net which is totally free, there are others out there too.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-17-2013, 09:21 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Gudday Bruce
Just got my oven flashed up to full temps last night. I've kept the fires low till now to dry the oven out.
36" build in Tallahassee - AKA Bruce's Folly-image.jpg
This a strawberry n cream pizza made with strawberries and Brie cheese with a bit of butter and brown sugar. It's not bad and got the child brides approval but still needs a bit of a tweek. I might soak the strawberries next time and get rid of the butter.
I'm still taken with your fig and blue cheese pizza and would love the recipe .
I'm just about to open the oven up now for a bit of roast pork. Oven temps down to 190 C (if I can believe the gauge it was stuck at 40 C before I used it) I plan to flash up a quick fire enough to get the cracking on the roast. I then cover the roast with foil, beer in the bottom of the dish and close up the oven. Temps should drop back down quickly I hope and give me a tender roast.
Regards dave

My Build

My Door

Old 08-18-2013, 12:48 AM
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobblerdave View Post
Gudday Bruce
Just got my oven flashed up to full temps last night. I've kept the fires low till now to dry the oven out.
Attachment 38123
This a strawberry n cream pizza made with strawberries and Brie cheese with a bit of butter and brown sugar. It's not bad and got the child brides approval but still needs a bit of a tweek. I might soak the strawberries next time and get rid of the butter.
I'm still taken with your fig and blue cheese pizza and would love the recipe .
I'm just about to open the oven up now for a bit of roast pork. Oven temps down to 190 C (if I can believe the gauge it was stuck at 40 C before I used it) I plan to flash up a quick fire enough to get the cracking on the roast. I then cover the roast with foil, beer in the bottom of the dish and close up the oven. Temps should drop back down quickly I hope and give me a tender roast.
Regards dave
You might try a balsamic vinegar reduction drizzle with the strawberries. When I did the fig pizza, it was just some mozzarella and blue cheese with the sliced figs on top. I drizzled a little balsamic on top after it came out of the oven.

I redid the oven door so the door front does not make direct contact with the pan. I haven't been able to try it out and likely won't have a chance until I get back from my road trip. I did make some rellenos to get in the mood for the trip. I stuffed ancho peppers with refried beans and cheddar cheese with a chipotle tomato sauce.
Attached Thumbnails
36" build in Tallahassee - AKA Bruce's Folly-image_176.jpeg  

Check out my pictures here:

Selected pictures of the build.

“In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.” ― Albert Einstein
Old 08-19-2013, 06:49 AM
Apprentice

Another good strawberry variation: strawberries and chocolate. Just the strawberries alone on the pizza while it bakes, then sprinkle all over with finely chopped chocolate (chocolate chips, usually) as soon as it comes out of the oven. Then dust with powdered sugar for the looks. For bonus points, try adding finely chopped chocolate to the dough for the crust. I added chocolate equal to ~15% of the flour weight, and that came out about right.
Old 08-19-2013, 07:11 AM
Journeyman

Chocolate and strawberries, sounds great.

“In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.” ― Albert Einstein
Old 10-08-2013, 01:20 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Question Re: 36" build in Tallahassee - AKA Bruce's Folly

Gudday Champion
I haven't heard from you in a while and I was wondering how things have been
Regards dave

My Build

My Door

Old 10-08-2013, 07:00 PM
Journeyman

Dave, sorry to have dropped out for awhile. Had a great trip to Santa Fe. Got home about a month ago and was pretty wore out. I think a combination of the trip and having pushed my limits for several months during the build. I have been firing the oven for pizza weekly and have enough retained heat for an additional four days of cooking.

I'm in Orlando, FL this week in part for the Food and Wine Festival. Here are some of the events we are signed up for. The highlight is the Party of the Senses.

Friday, October 11, 2013

· F&W France - Regional Lunches - Monsieur Paul – 12:00 PM
· Wine & Beverage Seminars – 4:00 PM
· F&W 3D Disneys Dessert Discovery - Sweet Seats – 7:45 PM

Saturday, October 12, 2013

· F&W Marketplace VIP Access Chef Tour – 9:00 AM
· Wine & Beverage Seminars – 4:00 PM
· F&W Party for the Senses - Wine View Lounge – 7:15 PM

Dave, thanks for your support and continued interest. Bruce

Old 10-09-2013, 03:07 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Talking Re: 36" build in Tallahassee - AKA Bruce's Folly

Gudday Bruce
Good to here you took some time off after the build, it was a bit full on so you deserved a good break.
You're really are getting into the food thing. I'm wishing I had the time myself to do some off those things. You know of course I expect to see some of those recipes
Anyway off to bed
Great to here from you
Regards davr

My Build

My Door

Old 11-03-2013, 06:27 PM
Journeyman

Hi Dave,
Sorry to have dropped out again. Had a great time in Orlando and have been firing the oven at least once a week which gives me about four days of cooking using residual heat. Baked up seven pizzas Saturday for the FSU vs Miami game. Baked off two loafs of bread today. Still have lots of room for improvement but am still happy with results. Still hard to believe I actually built the oven, goes to show anyone can do it with the help of this forum. Thanks again for all your help and encouragement.
Attached Thumbnails
36" build in Tallahassee - AKA Bruce's Folly-image.jpg  

Old 11-04-2013, 03:47 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Gudday Bruce
Now that bread looks pretty damn good and that's one thing you don't need to be encouraged to do and that is cook like you do.
Buddy it's been my pleasure to have been able to help you in any way to achieving the oven that you wanted. I've really enjoyed being part of your oven building. Thanks
Regards dave

My Build

My Door

« Base Slab question | - »