Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Pizza Oven Design and Installation > Getting Started

Like Tree39Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2013, 06:47 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: 36" build in Tallahassee - AKA Bruce's Folly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bec1208 View Post
Just to give everyone a laugh, here are Mark 1 and Mark 2 versions of what may or may not resemble a "trammel".
Whatever works....it's the end result that matters most.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Current WFO build -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

When we build, let us think that we build for ever.
John Ruskin
Old 07-11-2013, 06:49 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Good guesstimate, inner spring line is about 8 1/4". I cut 3 forms but haven't assembled them yet. They have a 14" rise and a 25 inch span. I did a mockup and the pic below is how it ended up. Does it look usable?
Yes, that looks usable... good job.

Current WFO build -

John Ruskin
Old 07-11-2013, 07:14 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

I used Selkirk which is like duravent and the anchor plates are similar but not interchangeable. I did anchor the plate to the vent stack then capped my with bricks but I have seen several builds lately with just mounting the plate to the right to the vent stack. You might even consider a clay flue. The duravent or selkirt are really spendy. I am not sure how high you need to go but a clay flue is cheaper and if you do not need to go too high. Mark 1 or Mark 2, if it works, why not.

Experiences are the names I call my mistakes!

Link to my build -

My Picassa Picture Log
Old 07-11-2013, 08:31 PM
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahBeehiver View Post
I used Selkirk which is like duravent and the anchor plates are similar but not interchangeable. I did anchor the plate to the vent stack then capped my with bricks but I have seen several builds lately with just mounting the plate to the right to the vent stack. You might even consider a clay flue. The duravent or selkirt are really spendy. I am not sure how high you need to go but a clay flue is cheaper and if you do not need to go too high. Mark 1 or Mark 2, if it works, why not.
I want to keep options open, I picked up the adapter plate used for $22 including shipping. My thoughts at the moment are to set up the vent up to the plate. At that point get the dome insulation completed and either stucco or start curing the oven. I think to do this I need to switch from whole bricks to 1" slices to span the upper arch. I can see a couple ways to get through this, suggestions appreciated or I can learn from my own false starts.

Check out my pictures here:

Selected pictures of the build.

“In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.” ― Albert Einstein
Old 07-11-2013, 10:28 PM
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
Yes, that looks usable... good job.
Thanks, you really helped me through this. Currently looking at options to create vent to chimney transition. Hope to be able to work it out tomorrow. Bruce

“In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.” ― Albert Einstein
Old 07-12-2013, 02:50 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Just to give everyone a laugh, here are Mark 1 and Mark 2 versions of what may or may not resemble a "trammel".
Gudday Bruce
You getting along at a cracking pace now. You would be pleased I'm sure . Really impressed with the trammels , there real inventive. if you ever consider coming out of retirement and need a new career come down under and I'll make a Cobbler out of you!
Regards dave

My Build

My Door

Old 07-12-2013, 09:41 AM
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobblerdave View Post
Gudday Bruce
You getting along at a cracking pace now. You would be pleased I'm sure . Really impressed with the trammels , there real inventive. if you ever consider coming out of retirement and need a new career come down under and I'll make a Cobbler out of you!
Regards dave
Not sure I'm ready to quit my lack of a day job. On the other hand visiting the down under would be nice. Bruce

Old 07-12-2013, 12:53 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Too bad you aren't closer Dave. I have a pair of Danner quarry gtx boots that need new vibram soles.

Current WFO build -

John Ruskin
Old 07-13-2013, 03:05 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
Too bad you aren't closer Dave. I have a pair of Danner quarry gtx boots that need new vibram soles.
Gudday
You make it hard stonecutter ....yes I'd gladly redo your boots but we don't get the American Vibrams in Aust only the European ones....I was thinking on the lines of posting a couple of pics and we get Bruce to do the job
Regards dave

My Build

My Door

Old 07-13-2013, 08:36 AM
Apprentice

This is a great build... it has it all... innovation, community & strong spirit! AND the added bonus of a door idea I can modify for my oven... Thanks!!!!