Old 02-19-2014, 06:36 AM
Master Builder

Default Re: Pompeii in Japan.

Hello Laurentius,

Seems like you have been absent from the forum for a while!

Since completing your WFO in 2011, have you made anything interesting in your oven?

How is it holding up to the crazy things nature dishes out? - typhoons, earthquakes, blizzards?

Earlier you posted photos of some sour bread loaves, have any current creations? or tips on duplicating your results for newbies?
Old 04-15-2014, 06:54 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

HI mikku

Well I have a Japanese garden and have been researching shoji screens. I have found a great and simple source for screens so keep an eye on my thread for the cheats shoji screen.

It is so cool and will work a treat in the outdoor area I have constructed.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-16-2014, 05:06 AM
Master Builder

Looking forward to seeing your Japanese garden and shoji screens. My garden is totally for vegetables and a few other plants. My moto, If you cannot eat it--it must be decoration and not worth the effort. My wife has a few special plants that she cares for but we plant mostly for our needs. Land is pretty pricy in these parts so I like to utilize what little resources we have to produce fresh veggies.

How will you be using shoji screens outdoors? Usually they are interior materials used the same as drapery but much more simple.

I had shoji in my home in the USA but they were fixed instead of being a sliding panel. Also, traditional shoji has a sheet that covers the framework that can be easily be damaged by water. The shoji that I made use a product called WARLON. The sheet is a fiberglas panel but looks like the traditional shoji kame (paper)--but this panel is waterproof. It comes with a price of about $30 for a 3x6 sheet. It is well worth the price--seems to last forever.

I have been accused of writing novels in my responses--so with that --I will say "The END"!

Tags
finished ovens, pompeii in japan