Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Regional Forums > Australia

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2013, 12:14 AM
Apprentice

Default Re: Wood fired oven corner build in Grafton NSW

Gotcha .. I never thought of that.

Last edited by Wayne73; 05-13-2013 at 12:21 AM.
Old 05-13-2013, 12:44 AM
Master Builder

Hi Wayne
Very Nice ArrrhH Hebel. Such A Joy To Work With

My Build -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-14-2013, 05:18 AM
Apprentice

finnished the outer arch today and now thinking about the arch to flue transition...Anyone got any pointers

Old 05-14-2013, 05:53 AM
Apprentice

Ive thinking about ordering my flue I can get a galvanised flue for $20 bucks a meter.
I know gal isnt pretty to look at but the whole flue is going to be covered anyway.
Also I notice everyone seems to be 8" flue's.My concern is that this to big and will suck the hot air out of the oven, can someone shed some light on the subject?
Old 05-14-2013, 06:10 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne73 View Post
Ive thinking about ordering my flue I can get a galvanised flue for $20 bucks a meter.
I know gal isnt pretty to look at but the whole flue is going to be covered anyway.
Also I notice everyone seems to be 8" flue's.My concern is that this to big and will suck the hot air out of the oven, can someone shed some light on the subject?
Galvanized is not a good solution it will rust out quite quickly. Stainless is a much better solution. If protected stainless liner with double wall galv outer will work but all stainless is better. If you are going to have a single wall then stainless or clay is the only way to go. Clay liners are quite inexpensive.

A flue that is to small will cause smoke to come out the front. These ovens originally had no flue and adding one helps direct the smoke - fumes away from the cook.

I have a 42 inch oven with a 10 inch and it burns nicely. No smoke in my face and heats easily within 90 minutes to pizza temps.

Chip

Last edited by mrchipster; 05-14-2013 at 06:13 AM.
Old 05-15-2013, 05:40 AM
Apprentice

Ok so I redid the outer arch.. long story short I wanted a "heat break" inbetween the outer arch and the dome and it wasn't going to work the way I was building it.
This also ment sacrificing the entry arch.

mrchipster and Gulf like this.
Old 05-15-2013, 06:45 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne73 View Post
Ok so I redid the outer arch.. long story short I wanted a "heat break" inbetween the outer arch and the dome and it wasn't going to work the way I was building it.
This also ment sacrificing the entry arch.
Sweet looking work. You will be very happy with that oven.

Chip
Old 05-15-2013, 05:05 PM
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrchipster View Post
I have a 42 inch oven with a 10 inch and it burns nicely. No smoke in my face and heats easily within 90 minutes to pizza temps.

Chip
Thanks for your imput Chip, Its about 2 meters from arch to the ceiling, do you know if length make any difference with the flue diameter?
Old 05-23-2013, 09:04 PM
Apprentice

Finished !!! ...the brickwork anyway.

I've added some decorative bricks to brake the front up a bit and I have them hanging an inch or so lower then the outer arch as I plan on adding a "smoke brake".

I've got my insulation ready to go.

Then the plan is to box it up with metal frame,blue board and then render.But I need to work out the flue first.

Last edited by Wayne73; 05-23-2013 at 10:09 PM.
Old 05-23-2013, 10:10 PM
Serf

Great job WayneO.

Just a question as to your 'slab' under your brickwork. What's the measurement? Reason I ask is that I've poured a 100mm thick slab around part of my home and where I'm going to build the outdoor BBQ & WFO I negleted to 'add' extra measurement.

So, where I have to build the slab will be 100mm, is this thick enough? I don't wish to 'cut' up a portion of slab to pour a thicker slab. My area is big enough for a 44" WFO, so that's what I'm going to build (hopefully).