Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Regional Forums > Australia

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2013, 09:22 PM
Laborer

Default Re: Whats Cooking at Karangi Kitchen

What happened?
Old 07-19-2013, 03:50 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

KD did explain but removed that post. I believe all posts from all threads were removed. As I noticed his posts in my thread were removed.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-19-2013, 03:54 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith In Virginia View Post
I agree, we also lost Texassourdough as well. What's this world coming too?
Didnt know he left?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 07-19-2013, 09:27 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Karangi Dude gone???

Who broke him? Why?

Either way, I'd like to express my thanks to him. He provided years of insightful cooking pictures and expanded the possibilities of what is possible in our wood-fired ovens. AND he was always so kind in his responses.

Thanks Karangi Dude, I will miss you and I wish you luck and success. Lets all keep the spirit of cooking discover going on this wonderful Forum.

-Dino
Lburou likes this.

View My Picasa Web Album UPDATED oct

My Oven Costs Spreadsheet

My Oven Thread

Old 07-19-2013, 05:13 PM
Journeyman

We might need to wait for his book, he has all the material form this thread.
Old 07-19-2013, 08:13 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thumbs up Re: Whats Cooking at Karangi Kitchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by TropicalCoasting View Post
We might need to wait for his book, he has all the material form this thread.
Those were my words to him in a PM....I promised to buy the first one, but I may have to stand in line.

If you are thinking about building a brick oven, my advice is

Our One Meter Pompeii Oven album is

An album showing our Thermal Breaks is

I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up.
Old 07-20-2013, 06:47 AM
Master Builder

His content was book worthy so if that is his intentions I wish him the best. The next question is how do I get an autographed copy so when he becomes one of those superstars, I can have my "I knew him when" moments.

I have noticed here and other places " virtual internet groups" that there is a definite psychology / social hierarchical type of inter reaction developments. I think it's easy for some people to (not say that is what's going on here) expect a degree of social normalcy and if that behavior goes outside of that expected norm it's difficult for them to ignore/ accept this and continue with their own enjoyment of certain sites.

I must say for myself (even with the occasional difficult or annoying members) This has got to be one of the friendliest and enjoyable groups that I'm a member and the admins are quick to keep things running that way. So many thanks to FB.
Dino_Pizza and brickie in oz like this.
Old 07-20-2013, 01:04 PM
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith In Virginia View Post
I agree, we also lost Texassourdough as well. What's this world coming too?
I had gotten the impression that "Elmer" was only going to be offline for a while...not that he was leaving the forum like Karangi Dude. Although I did get a note from KD after he announced his leaving and I think he just might come back in a couple of years (just my feeling/hope) when some of his new adventures allow him some breathing room. We can only trust that whatever happens in the future will result in he and his family being happy!

As long as we keep KD's threads active, his food & building ideas will continue to be appreciated...and hopefully one day he'll be enticed back to be with his virtual family on this forum.
)

Photo albums

Old 02-15-2014, 02:39 PM
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SableSprings View Post
Has anybody found a source for finger limes in the U.S.? Since both Sharkey and Karangi Dude noted them in this thread I've been on the lookout. I suspect Oregon will be the last place in the world they will be shipped.
On a trip to San Francisco a couple of weeks ago we stumbled across finger limes being sold at the Embarcadero (sp?). I just happened to notice some in a display case of a little shop in the old terminal that specializes in fresh mushrooms...not sure what the connection was...but I was a happy camper! In addition, I thought they were quite a bargain from what I had envisioned...in fact down right cheap. Less than $4 US for 8 finger limes.

We took our little bag of them and had lunch at the Slanted Door. I couldn't resist cutting some of the finger limes open and squeezing out beads on various appetizer dishes the four of us had ordered. Great fun & really good food - our conclusion: lime beads are a splendid addition on anything that works with citrus flavors. And of course the waiter commented..."yeah, finger limes are great." as if they were an everyday item for him, go figure.

Just thought I'd keep this fabulous foodie thread alive and let those of you looking for finger limes in the U.S. know that there's hope... oh, and ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejayoh View Post
They grow them in California and you can mail order from Shanley Farms
Shop With Us
I think they probably sell them at places like Uwajimaya in Seattle.

edit: or it looks like you can get a tree from Sur la Table and grow your own. Probably a cheaper way to go!
Thanks for giving us some other finger lime options Deejayoh!
)

Photo albums

Last edited by SableSprings; 02-15-2014 at 02:45 PM.