Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Regional Forums > Australia

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2013, 10:39 PM
Apprentice

Default Re: Whats Cooking at Karangi Kitchen

Hi Doug

As always your food looks fantastic. I love finger lime beads with seafood. We have had a tree for several years but it is only just getting a decent amount of fruit on it this summer.

We also eat a bit of goat from time to time and I have always found it to be better on the bone. If anybody is interested I have a fantastic recipe for Moroccan Spiced Goat.

I love cooking with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-23-2013, 06:18 PM
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karangi Dude View Post
Thanks Sharkey,

I also like goat on the bone but these fillets looked to good to pass up.

Sharkey, could you PM that recipe please?
I put the recipe up on a wine web site a while ago so I'll just post a link to that:

Moroccan Slow-Cooked Goat

We had this for dinner last night and it was good as always.

I love cooking with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-17-2013, 12:39 PM
Journeyman

Amazing food. Subscribed !!
Gulf likes this.
Old 07-09-2013, 09:20 AM
Apprentice

Has anybody found a source for finger limes in the U.S.? Since both Sharkey and Karangi Dude noted them in this thread I've been on the lookout. I suspect Oregon will be the last place in the world they will be shipped.

(Just keeping the thread "alive")
)

Photo albums

Old 07-09-2013, 10:19 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

They grow them in California and you can mail order from Shanley Farms
Shop With Us
I think they probably sell them at places like Uwajimaya in Seattle.

edit: or it looks like you can get a tree from Sur la Table and grow your own. Probably a cheaper way to go!

After my last trip to SE Asia, we bought a Kaffir Lime tree. It took about a year for it to get big enough but now we are getting harvestable leaves.

Last edited by deejayoh; 07-09-2013 at 10:23 AM.
Old 07-17-2013, 12:26 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

The loss of Karangi Dude from our community is regrettable. He had more talent for creatively composing a dish and cooking in his WFO than any professional chef I've read. His grasp of WFO cooking is second to none. His creativity is unmatched. I don't know the whole story, but........Sure will miss his participation here, we are all losers without his input. :sad:

If you are thinking about building a brick oven, my advice is

Our One Meter Pompeii Oven album is

An album showing our Thermal Breaks is

I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up.

Last edited by Lburou; 07-17-2013 at 02:18 PM.
Old 07-17-2013, 12:35 PM
Master Builder

I agree, we also lost Texassourdough as well. What's this world coming too?
Old 07-17-2013, 01:21 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

I didn't see that KD had deleted all his posts as well, which is really a loss. Also I was not aware Texassourdough had taken a hiatus. I am saddened by the loss of both, they were treasures of the forum.

I guess perhaps it is an issue for the moderators - but it seems to me that there are a few posters that at times like to stir things up a bit more than is good for the community. Is there a way to better manage this?
david s and Lburou like this.

Old 07-17-2013, 05:09 PM
Master Builder

Yep a shame..a great loss...to us all... KD you will be missed your wisdom has been so valuable to me and many others I hope they appreciate it as much as I have. You have given so much time to so many not just on this forum but privately. I know you are not lost to wfo building and cooking may your future endeavors be successful.

For the rest of us still here we need to take note of the last 3 posts ,kd , texassourdough . This site is to display our work and help and assist newbies, give credit where credit might be due. As russell once said it's not my idea I have just used the collective wisdom of all before me. Leaving our egos out of it may help.

The sad part kd wisdom it's truly gone forever. We all need to think long and hard on the actions of these pioneers because I feel there are valuable lessons in there actions.

My Build -

Last edited by oasiscdm; 07-17-2013 at 05:13 PM.
Old 07-17-2013, 07:22 PM
Journeyman

Its sad but people take the internet too seriously and decide to go home with their bat and ball .
I dont know what caused the theatrical outbursts but everyone is different.
Sometime a teaspoon of cement is whats required most.