Old 12-06-2010, 07:52 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: what to cook for a sunday lunch?

The leg was cooked as you see it, Im not 100% sure on the veggies but I think they went in at the same time..

They all tasted delicious, it was the first time we'd roasted that way but it will be the preferred way from now as the meat wasnt all fatty from sitting in the juices.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by brickie in oz; 12-06-2010 at 07:55 PM.
Old 12-08-2010, 03:44 AM
Laborer

Anyone tried a butterflied leg of lamb, straight on the hearth?
Old 12-08-2010, 03:52 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Dear faith in virginia
Sorry from dave... we are really chuffed over here on finally getting proper rain so..... sorry to tease you about the temps. would however like to here more about your baking. I'm an ex sailor so... Ive done a bit of bread baking over the years. My pop (grandad) used to make the bread boxes for the old Welch oven in the little country town i spent most of my teenage years in. As a sailor being up at nights doing your rounds and watches you always helped the cooks in the bread bake. Being mostly in South East Asia it was hot!!!!
Too hot for a good loaf but a bun or bread roll was esay to produce in the heat. I would like to hear more about your latest bake. come winter and the lower temps I would like to attempt some bread baking.... well you can't beat the lower temps, a bit of moisture and an oven coming of temp to produce a good crusty loaf.... hav'nt tried it yet but just you wait....

Regards
Dave
Old 12-16-2010, 06:12 PM
Laborer

what gloves do you guys use to you roasts out??? im kinda wierd ...i use welding gloves new off coarse and cheep as well
Old 12-18-2010, 08:58 AM
Laborer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worb View Post
Anyone tried a butterflied leg of lamb, straight on the hearth?
that sounds like a good idea....it would seal the meat almost straight away wouldnt it?
Old 01-05-2011, 03:05 AM
Laborer

Butterflied leg of lamb on the hearth - might cook a bit too quick I reckon. I was looking at Brickie in oz's lamb leg over the vegies. May be the the way to go - sear it on the hearth then stick it over a pan of vegies.

Saw a recipe Ima gonna try this weekend - heaps a sliced onion in a big pan, heapsa sliced tomato on top, mushies next, then heapsa breadcrumbs. Apparently it all cooks down together with a nice crust on top. Sounds like a good vegetarian dish as well (the mother in law is a vego, it pays to keep her on side) Will let you all know how it goes.
Old 01-05-2011, 03:13 AM
Laborer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith In Virginia View Post
So Sunday while you are baking that scrumptious looking food I was out in -6 degree Celsius in the dark with hard blowing snow with little snow tornadoes loading bread in the oven before it froze or blew away.
Faith in Virginia - Today the Wife and I had to take turns mowing the lawn because with the the heat and humidity we were stumbling around like drunks with the heat exhaustion after 2o minutes or so. I am now sunburnt, the mosquitoes are out and it's still bloody hot!

What I wouldn't give for a snowstorm right about now.