Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/)
-   Australia (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f51/)
-   -   Usefull WFO oven tools (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f51/usefull-wfo-oven-tools-19019.html)

cobblerdave 03-02-2013 12:35 AM

Usefull WFO oven tools

1 Attachment(s)
Gudday
Found at Bunnings of all places.. just one of those cheapies hanging of a shelf

Attachment 34046

What a find, not to wide....perfect for dumping hot ash in a 20 ltr tin bucket. Handle long enough to keep you hands away from the burnie bits. Good shovel shape, turned up sides. At $5 each I brought 3... recon if they wear out I'll have a spare then one to give away to a mate

Regards Dave

UtahBeehiver 03-02-2013 07:05 AM

Re: Usefull WFO oven tools

I thought everything cost more in Australia but I was wrong. Bought something similar at our big box hardware store in the US for four times the price. You are right, great for ash removal.

oasiscdm 03-02-2013 05:08 PM

Hi Dave

What section did you find it?
I might go down to Bunnies myself after and see if i can find one [or two].

oasiscdm 03-02-2013 08:09 PM

Hi Dave

Got Two. I don't have a mate to give a third one too :)

The barcode came in useful, Thx For That!

brickie in oz 03-02-2013 10:24 PM

I had a shovel from Bunnies that was very similar, the lift and angle of the handle made it useless at the back of the oven, which is where all the ash is. :confused:

cobblerdave 03-03-2013 01:10 AM

Quote... I had a shovel from Bunnies that was very similar, the lift and angle of the handle made it useless at the back of the oven, which is where all the ash is.

Gudday Al
I have an aluminium flat rake wich I use to get the excess ash and hot coals from the back to the entrance..... this is were this will come in handy.

regards dave

Laurentius 03-03-2013 02:57 AM

I use my pizza peel. Dumb me.

cobblerdave 03-03-2013 03:30 AM

Gudday
If it works.... its never dumb. Ive never thought about about removing ash that way before.... cuts down the amount of tool clutter now that I think about it that way.

Regards Dave

david s 03-03-2013 04:59 AM

I use a similar shovel which is smaller, heavier gauge metal and more expensive. I found that the angle between the handle and the shovel mouth was to big for convenient use, it needs to be flatter. I had a look at the item you mentioned. You may be able to alter the angle by bending it. Also it will work better if you can curve the leading edge instead of it being flat so that it can fit against the curve of the dome perimeter, if you have a dome. You also need a longer handle.

TropicalCoasting 03-03-2013 05:54 AM

I would have thought a hoe or variation of a hoe would be ideal fro removing ash