Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Regional Forums > Australia

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2013, 12:35 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Suggestions for a paint/waterproofer for the dome?

Gudday
Yes it has a hole that goes through to the blanket . Hot air/steam rises and it vents any moisture otherwise I recon if it wasn't there any moisture would condense when you oven cooled. I have no way of measuring how well it works other than I have seen little wisps of steam rising from it . If the oven is damp and that happens from time to time you can feel dampness in the hole when taking the cap off recon it's probably just the heat from the sun on the render surface taking the moisture to the top of the dome

Regards dave

My Build

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Door

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by cobblerdave; 03-23-2013 at 12:39 AM. Reason: Add something
Old 03-23-2013, 12:50 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Im curious, the little vent thing, you dont think it also lets in some moisture too?

Old 03-23-2013, 01:48 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Gudday brickie
No I don't think so its got a screw cap and silasticed in position. I wouldn't leave the cap off in a storm though....

Regards dave

My Build

My Door