Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Regional Forums > Australia

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2014, 08:39 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: SE QLD oven

Gudday Ash

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f51/...ane-19275.html (Materials supplier in Brisbane)

This might help for some supplies

regards Dave

My Build

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Door

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-03-2014, 10:13 PM
Serf

Thanks Dave.
I work away from home so I'll do some checking when I'm finished my swing at work.

Regards,
Ashley.
Old 01-06-2014, 09:22 PM
Serf

Vermiculite..... Is it advisable to keep this layer as dry as possible throughout the build process? I'm also looking at buying a kit from NSW that has everything you need to construct a 1200mm oven. The reason being that I can get this all delivered to my door and don't have to go to Brisbane. Has anyone out there bought/built from such a kit?

Ashley.
Old 01-07-2014, 12:16 AM
Master Builder

Pre-cut kits and the like are good. Probably takes the learning/adventure out of it and makes it a bit like Lego I expect. They will all work at some level or another and it depends how deep your pockets are because some of the kits are not cheap by comparison.

I found half of the satisfaction from sourcing the materials and keeping the costs reasonable (which I managed to do). No need to sacrifice the quality of the build either.

If you are time poor a kit would look good I suppose.

Build Thread

Build Pics

Forno Food Pics
Old 01-07-2014, 03:33 AM
Laborer

Hi Ash

I agree with what others have said that you do not need any special skills and what you have done already looks great. Looks like you have a nice big area you are building there.

Re suppliers, agree Claypave for bricks, you might be able to find a local distributor. Bellis is who I used for cal sil and ceramic blanket. Mr Stoves for the flue.

It is an extremely satisfying experience!

Cheers

Mark
Old 01-07-2014, 03:37 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash71 View Post
Vermiculite..... Is it advisable to keep this layer as dry as possible throughout the build process? I'm also looking at buying a kit from NSW that has everything you need to construct a 1200mm oven. The reason being that I can get this all delivered to my door and don't have to go to Brisbane. Has anyone out there bought/built from such a kit?

Ashley.
Gudday
which kit are you thinking of buying

regards dave
I double checked Forno Aus still doesn't run a kit as such. Shame

My Build

My Door

Last edited by cobblerdave; 01-07-2014 at 12:17 PM. Reason: Add note
Old 01-07-2014, 04:31 AM
Master Builder

Have a look on Gumtree. I found unused firebricks for 50c each. Better deal than $4 each from the manufacturer and your local sheet metal shop will make your S/S stuff at the right price if you go and have a chat to them - 8" flue and chimney and cowl for $180.

That is part of the thrill of the chase!!

Build Thread

Build Pics

Forno Food Pics
Old 01-07-2014, 01:29 PM
Serf

Dear 577ftg,

Hi
Wood fired pizza oven kit 1200 x1200 including
160 fired clay brick 1300 degree
10 floor fired clay tiles 250x250x30mm
25 fired clay bricks for the arch door
Ceramic fibre board 1000x1000x25mm
Ceramic fibre board 7200x600x25mm
Refractory cement 25kg
Heavy duty door with handle
For more information call us on 0416041696
The goods will be ready mid to end January.

Cheers
Buddy

- nancybarakat

Hi Dave

This is the list of contents in the kit. So it's not really a precut kit but just one with almost everything in it.

Ashley
Old 01-07-2014, 04:55 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Hi ash

Sounds good. I would personally go a little thicker on the floor if you are looking for retained heat. The norm on this site appears to be at least 50mm. Most seem to opt for 75mm. Any way just my view. Is listen to those that have been around longer than myself. That's what I did...

My Build -
Old 01-08-2014, 01:38 AM
Serf

Thanks Colin. I will post some more pictures soon. I have done a 3 1/2 inch layer of vermiculite already. With that, ceramic board and floor tiles I thought it would be enough. If it's not tell me now before I get any further.

Regards
Ashley