Old 11-27-2010, 03:00 PM
Laborer

Default Re: From oz. First time user. Please help.

Thanks Cobblerdave, have been reading up on acrylic renders and they sound like the go. I will cover the oven to protect from rain, and it'll get used pretty well in the next month, that should dry it out enough then I'll paint an acrylic render on.

And I like the tip on the matt effect, as it's pretty lumpy.
Old 11-27-2010, 03:54 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Hi
posting the reply yesterday spured me on to complete the final coats. My old paint brushes are nearly hadit so I went to buy some more. told the hardware man what I was doing and he said to buy a Fence Brush. Add this one to the best yet toil saver tools... its longer thicher bristle take the hard yakka out of painting rough surfaces holds heaps of paint and fills in all of those fine holes as you go.
Regards
Dave
Old 11-27-2010, 07:27 PM
Laborer

Just spent the morning sponging on a coloured render coat. Was originaly just going to cover the base, but I had to see what the whole thing looked like. After the resounding failure of the sponge I think I'll go hunt a fence brush down for the final render coat.

Had a bit of a cookup last night with a couple of mates. The plan was to light the WFO, then cook some steaks on the BBQ. Had to try a quick pizza in the oven. After the first pizza, the BBQ was abandoned and we spent the night making pizza. Basic pizza with what was in the fridge - tomato, ham, parsley, spring onion, cheddar cheese and olives. Tell you what, a basic pizza in the WFO made by a pack of drunks beats the arse off any of the gourmet pizzas I've ever eaten before. Can't wait to see what we can do with some good ingredients and a bit of practice.
Old 11-27-2010, 09:14 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

worb
Drink, hungry drunks, and a wood fired oven well....... that sounds dangerous
Ok no one to badly burnt.... bet ya theres a few burnt arm hairs though and red ruddy faces

regards dave
Old 11-29-2010, 02:40 AM
Laborer

cobblerdave, no dramas. After camp ovens, open fires and hungi's, pizza ovens are a breeze