Old 03-21-2013, 04:09 PM
Laborer

Default Re: Newbi saying hi from Sydney

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrendanLovesPizza View Post
still unsure on build size, prob go a 32-36 inch.
Hi Brendan,

My advice would be to err in favour of the biggest size you can make. Mine is 1m internal (40 in) and when I first saw it, i thought it looked way too big inside. However, having used it for both pizza's and roasts etc over the past few months, I can say that I think it is just big enough.

When cooking pizza, nearly half of the floor space is taken up by the coals and fire. And on those occasions when I'm cooking some roast chicken or ribs in 1 pan, some mixed veges in another, and potatoes in a third, I'm glad that I can fit all three in together.

Even if you don't cook for large groups very often, I don't think it would use that much extra wood to heat when cooking pizza for a small family.

As my Dad always told me.."Better to have it, and not need it, than to need it, and not have it"....

Just my 2 cents worth.....good luck with the new house and enjoy the build.

Bruno

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-16-2013, 04:12 AM
Serf

Default Re: Newbi saying hi from Sydney

little update,
finally bought a property in Baulkham Hills, Sydney, just north of Parramatta. So when it comes to buying bricks and mortar type stuff i'll let you guys know, i'm constantly roaming ebay for any second hand fire bricks etc.
need to organise the backyard as it has to accommodate bbq area, grass, deck, tomato crop, herbs, playground, chickens and finally PIZZA oven.
cant wait to start the build in the coming months.
any help in finding bricks and mortar in sydney would be much appreciated.
as well as free fire wood, the house has two fire places!! have chainsaw so can cut onsite. i know you can get a permit to cut logs etc in state forest, but generally have to travel to lithgow etc. anything closer would be great. aussie hardwood preferred.

cheers
brendan