Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Regional Forums > Australia

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2013, 11:57 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: New pre-cut kit build in Adelaide

Yes the addition of sand and more cement also makes the mix easier to work and it behaves more like normal concrete to level.
Old 11-03-2013, 06:33 PM
Serf

looking good mate, great to see Bens kit being built just before I starting putting mine together in the next few weeks.
Old 11-04-2013, 04:49 AM
Laborer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobblerdave View Post
Gudday Anthony
I can't see why not ..... You could upgrade the Portland cement content and add some sand as well. When you think about its not like you are trying to get the best insulation layer ... That's already there.
Just a thought
Regards dave
Quote:
Originally Posted by david s View Post
Yes the addition of sand and more cement also makes the mix easier to work and it behaves more like normal concrete to level.
Thanks, any suggestions on volume ratio perlite, sand, cement?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Door -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - Albert Einstein
Old 11-04-2013, 12:28 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

For your application I'd be using 3:1:1 vermicrete, sand , cement.It will give you a lightweight concrete that's fairly strong, not a bad insulator and easy to work.

Last edited by david s; 11-04-2013 at 12:31 PM.
Old 11-05-2013, 03:23 AM
Laborer

Quote:
Originally Posted by david s View Post
For your application I'd be using 3:1:1 vermicrete, sand , cement.It will give you a lightweight concrete that's fairly strong, not a bad insulator and easy to work.
Thanks Dave

My Door -

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - Albert Einstein
Old 11-05-2013, 03:43 AM
Laborer

Started oven and entry arches, I was thinking of including a thermal break but an update of Ben,s kit now keys third row brick into oven arch to increase stability of entry. If you look at the last photo you can see I have not mortared the vertical joint of the other rows thought this might provide some thermal resistance, will caulk with high temp sealant.
Attached Thumbnails
New pre-cut kit build in Adelaide-d7k_7048.jpg   New pre-cut kit build in Adelaide-d7k_7054.jpg   New pre-cut kit build in Adelaide-d7k_7057.jpg   New pre-cut kit build in Adelaide-d7k_7051.jpg  

My Door -

Old 11-05-2013, 03:50 AM
Laborer

Today's update, laid oven arch and commenced fifth row.
Attached Thumbnails
New pre-cut kit build in Adelaide-d7k_7058.jpg   New pre-cut kit build in Adelaide-d7k_7059.jpg  

My Door -

Old 11-09-2013, 01:28 PM
Laborer

Had a far crack at completing the oven over last week had Thursday and Friday off work, hoping to finish today.
Attached Thumbnails
New pre-cut kit build in Adelaide-d7k_7077.jpg   New pre-cut kit build in Adelaide-d7k_7082.jpg   New pre-cut kit build in Adelaide-d7k_7084.jpg   New pre-cut kit build in Adelaide-d7k_7087.jpg  

My Door -

Old 11-09-2013, 01:48 PM
Laborer

The excitement builds as seen on Jedda & Raffs faces.
Saturday's efforts.
Attached Thumbnails
New pre-cut kit build in Adelaide-d7k_7089.jpg   New pre-cut kit build in Adelaide-d7k_7090.jpg  

My Door -

Old 11-10-2013, 01:47 PM
Laborer

After burning the midnight oil, I managed to finish the dome.
Still require some castable refactory mortar to finish off but working away all week so brickwork should be cured nicely by the time I get back.

I had to modify with grinder the IT tool to fit last few rows of bricks, but used the stick method to support bricks until fitted keystone.
Attached Thumbnails
New pre-cut kit build in Adelaide-d7k_7092.jpg   New pre-cut kit build in Adelaide-d7k_7097.jpg   New pre-cut kit build in Adelaide-d7k_7103.jpg   New pre-cut kit build in Adelaide-d7k_7104.jpg   New pre-cut kit build in Adelaide-d7k_7105.jpg  

New pre-cut kit build in Adelaide-d7k_7108.jpg  

My Door -