Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Regional Forums > Australia

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2013, 05:04 AM
Laborer

Default Re: New pre-cut kit build in Adelaide

Hi All

Been crook with winter cold & sinus issues, started brick stand today. With spring here next week hoping to get a hurry on.
Attached Thumbnails
New pre-cut kit build in Adelaide-d7k_6407-copy.jpg  
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Door -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - Albert Einstein
Old 08-25-2013, 08:19 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Know how you feel just back from Dr third viral infection in 8 weeks.. Tried to do a couple of things gave up. Plug will have to wait until i'm feeling better

Last edited by oasiscdm; 08-27-2013 at 05:22 PM.
Old 09-10-2013, 05:04 AM
Laborer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oasiscdm View Post
Know how you feel just back from Dr third viral infection in 8 weeks.. Tried to do a couple of things gave up. Plug will have to wait until i'm feeling better
Hope you are feeling better Colin, I've got over winter flu's and have a weeks leave off work, so I have got about half of the brick stand built.
I must admit it's harder yakka than I thought laying bricks (sore back).
Hope to finish by weekend and start boarding up for a concrete pour the following week.
Attached Thumbnails
New pre-cut kit build in Adelaide-d7k_6921.jpg   New pre-cut kit build in Adelaide-d7k_6924.jpg  

My Door -

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - Albert Einstein
Old 09-10-2013, 05:48 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Look s good liteceeper. That's part of the reason I used hebel, you achieve more quicker.
But that brick work is pretty good. Be hoping even brickey, would be happy with it.

Old 09-20-2013, 06:10 AM
Laborer

Completed brick work for stand.
Starting on slab today, hopefully will pour on Sunday.
Attached Thumbnails
New pre-cut kit build in Adelaide-d7k_6935.jpg   New pre-cut kit build in Adelaide-d7k_6951.jpg   New pre-cut kit build in Adelaide-d7k_6949.jpg   New pre-cut kit build in Adelaide-d7k_6956.jpg  

My Door -

Old 09-21-2013, 07:13 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Nice start on the base

Experiences are the names I call my mistakes!

Link to my build -

My Picassa Picture Log
Old 09-21-2013, 05:37 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Litekeeper

Base looks brilliant, you should be wrapped looks like you've been laying bricks for years.

Looking forward to the rest of your build

Old 09-21-2013, 05:52 PM
Master Builder

You have made a great start with the base and form for the hearth. Will follow your build with interest. The corner build configuration is attractive.

Build Thread

Build Pics

Forno Food Pics
Old 09-22-2013, 05:17 AM
Laborer

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahBeehiver View Post
Nice start on the base
Quote:
Originally Posted by oasiscdm View Post
Litekeeper

Base looks brilliant, you should be wrapped looks like you've been laying bricks for years.

Looking forward to the rest of your build
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenman View Post
You have made a great start with the base and form for the hearth. Will follow your build with interest. The corner build configuration is attractive.
Thanks All
Enjoying the build can't wait to start on oven.
Son & Brother-in-law helped with slab on Saturday, all went well, now covered with plastic film to let it cure for a week or so.
Will continue on brickwork for BBQ as it cures otherwise I will be tempted to start oven.
Attached Thumbnails
New pre-cut kit build in Adelaide-d7k_6958.jpg   New pre-cut kit build in Adelaide-d7k_6960.jpg   New pre-cut kit build in Adelaide-d7k_6961.jpg   New pre-cut kit build in Adelaide-d7k_6972.jpg   New pre-cut kit build in Adelaide-d7k_6979.jpg  

New pre-cut kit build in Adelaide-d7k_6981.jpg  

My Door -

Old 09-22-2013, 05:53 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Good idea to put an isolation membrane under the starter course. Your base looks great too.

Current WFO build -

When we build, let us think that we build for ever.
John Ruskin