Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Regional Forums > Australia

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2013, 04:44 AM
Laborer

Default Re: New pre-cut kit build in Adelaide

More unpacking photos.

Liteceeper
Attached Thumbnails
New pre-cut kit build in Adelaide-kit-unpack_6.jpg   New pre-cut kit build in Adelaide-kit-unpack_7.jpg   New pre-cut kit build in Adelaide-kit-unpack_8.jpg  

Last edited by Liteceeper; 08-07-2013 at 03:21 AM.
Old 08-06-2013, 07:59 AM
Apprentice

Ben kit is great and well organized, he is also great guy even after he already got your money. always returns calls and always have time for you and always working on improving his kit.
did you get extra castable for heatbank and 6 bricks for the front to seal your calsil boards?
i see he now includes calsil boards cut out plan, great idea, i had small confusion with that one as one of the off cuts had small section that you meant to use

i will sub to your thread so if you run in to any puzzles i should be able to help
Old 08-06-2013, 03:11 PM
Master Builder

Cannot go wrong with Ben s kit. Check crocau build he used the same kit.I ess going to use Ben's kit but want more thermal mass on the base and then brickie came to the rescue with fire bricks..

My Build -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-06-2013, 11:51 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Ive never seen this kit before but I must say what a world class kit it seems to be.

How much i$ the kit?

Please, rotate your pics, Ive got a crick in my neck.....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 08-07-2013, 04:38 AM
Laborer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrocAu View Post
Ben kit is great and well organized, he is also great guy even after he already got your money. always returns calls and always have time for you and always working on improving his kit.
did you get extra castable for heatbank and 6 bricks for the front to seal your calsil boards?
i see he now includes calsil boards cut out plan, great idea, i had small confusion with that one as one of the off cuts had small section that you meant to use

i will sub to your thread so if you run in to any puzzles i should be able to help
Thanks CrocAu for the offer of help, I agree Ben's kit is well thought out.
Yes I got the extra castable not sure about the extra bricks will need to talk with Ben.
I might have a problem with the landing, I have done a rough brick bond layout and I am limited to 1670mm on side of existing brick wall as patio doors will open against edge. Currently planning to have slab flush with brick or slight setback to allow for tiling.

See thumbnails of new corner layout and brick layout.

I will make some templates from Ben's floor plan and do a complete layout over weekend.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf pizza oven and outdoor kitchen 45 degree.pdf (1.14 MB, 80 views)
File Type: pdf Wood_oven_brickwork_1.pdf (43.1 KB, 68 views)
Old 08-07-2013, 05:01 AM
Laborer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickie in oz View Post
Ive never seen this kit before but I must say what a world class kit it seems to be.

How much i$ the kit?

Please, rotate your pics, Ive got a crick in my neck.....
G'day Brickie
Yes the kit so far has exceeded my expectations, it also contains refractory mortar & cast-able mortar, calsil boards, perlite, ceramic fibre blanket and a pre-cast flue gallery. Ben threw in the door as a special.

Best have a Capt Cook at the website and give Ben a call on pricing.

Melbourne Fire Bricks & Refractory Products For Wood Fired Pizza Ovens

P.S. Sorry about the photos still have my L-plates on forum.

Last edited by Liteceeper; 08-07-2013 at 05:04 AM.
Old 08-07-2013, 05:40 AM
Master Builder

Guys

His website does not have the pre cut kits on it. Only the kit components that you need to cut.

Bens build on this site was 'bens brick oven in berwick' if you are interested.

I think he was talking around 2000 for pre cut kit I have his price list somewhere. Don't quote me though.

Liteceeper I like the new layout looks great then oven this way has opened the whole area and will be much easier to use.

My Build -
Old 08-07-2013, 10:14 AM
Apprentice

yes you going to find that his website needs a update, he is great one stop shop for any type of project, if you want kit you have options of precut where there is very little cutting involved and I myself didn't have to cut any bricks at all, or you can get cheaper option where you have to cut it all by yourself but considering the prices being very fair it was easy choice for me for simple reason that it saves you a lot of time and mess and you still going to have to put a lot of time in to building it all he just gives you options to make your life little bit easier.
and if you want whole different type of oven you can just buy bricks, mortar, cal-sil boards, etc...
Old 08-07-2013, 03:16 PM
Laborer

Question Re: New pre-cut kit build in Adelaide

Quote:
Originally Posted by oasiscdm View Post
Guys

His website does not have the pre cut kits on it. Only the kit components that you need to cut.

Bens build on this site was 'bens brick oven in berwick' if you are interested.

I think he was talking around 2000 for pre cut kit I have his price list somewhere. Don't quote me though.

Liteceeper I like the new layout looks great then oven this way has opened the whole area and will be much easier to use.
Thanks Colin on the new layout.

I was concerned that the prevailing wind in SA comes from the South-west which is the direction the oven opening will face on the new corner layout, hence my initial layout facing South.

Does wind pay havoc with operating the ovens?

I will eventually have clear PVC patio awnings, once the walls are rendered, which will help with screening the wind which tends to funnel across the back wall and patio doors.

liteceeper
Old 08-07-2013, 06:17 PM
Master Builder

Hey croc

I agree faster you started after me and finished before me.

Liteceeper

Can't answer that one, mine faces east the wind in Vic is rarely east. Regardless of wind it still looks better at 45 degrees.

My Build -