Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Regional Forums > Australia

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2014, 05:14 PM
Laborer

Default Re: New pre-cut kit build in Adelaide

Quote:
Originally Posted by applor View Post
Going to look fantastic with the granite bench tops in place!
So you plan to brick all around your oven and then maybe lay tiles at 45 degree slope on the front?
Hi Applor
The tles will be vertical on the 45 degree corner of slab.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Door -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - Albert Einstein
Old 03-22-2014, 05:48 PM
Laborer

Just out of oven, Best bread bake so far, two sourdough and four crusty Italian white.
Cooking six at once really kept the steam in oven.
Will repost in what's cooking, just had to show off.
Attached Thumbnails
New pre-cut kit build in Adelaide-2014-03-23-11.12.04.jpg  

My Door -

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - Albert Einstein
Old 04-30-2014, 09:46 PM
Apprentice

Just noticed with this kit from Ben that the door is right at the entrance to the oven and not the dome.
Should it not be in between the dome and the flue to avoid all the heat escaping up the flue overnight?
Old 05-01-2014, 10:54 PM
Master Builder

If you want to maintain heat in the dome you will need an insulated door that closes to the inner arch or seals inside the flue. There are a few different doors and it sounds like yours is not meant for the purpose of retaining heat in the dome.

Build Thread

Build Pics

Forno Food Pics
Old 05-01-2014, 11:41 PM
Apprentice

Ben do you sell/make an inner door for your kits at all?
Old 05-08-2014, 01:36 AM
Laborer

Quote:
Originally Posted by applor View Post
Just noticed with this kit from Ben that the door is right at the entrance to the oven and not the dome.
Should it not be in between the dome and the flue to avoid all the heat escaping up the flue overnight?
Hi Applor
My photos may have confused you. Both Ben's door and my home built insulated door close the dome. I place the insulated door in dome and then Ben's door at front to store them out the way when not using oven.
Attached Thumbnails
New pre-cut kit build in Adelaide-img_0954.jpg   New pre-cut kit build in Adelaide-img_0958.jpg  

My Door -

Old 07-07-2014, 03:24 AM
Banned

we had a look at a some display homes and found Format homes to be a good pick out of the lot. Also, one of my Mrs friend built a home with Weeks & Macklin and she was happy with their quotation,service and quality. I haven't heard any positive reviews for Fairmont homes so they are out of my list.
Old 07-08-2014, 12:13 AM
Apprentice

wrong thread?