Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Regional Forums > Australia

Like Tree43Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2014, 06:12 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: new build in werribee

Actually the bricks he had I think he called wedge fire bricks, but I stuck with the arch bricks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-15-2014, 07:47 PM
Master Builder

I am not sure what they call the bricks I found but they have one square side and one tapered side. They look like they were meant for building a tunnel shaped structure. They made a perfectly functional dome and I cut them back to square for the floor bricks.

Build Thread
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Build Pics

Forno Food Pics
Old 04-15-2014, 10:56 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Now you guys need to knock some sense into me , I TODAY bought 48% alumina arch 75 59 firebricks about 200 for $300 for [you guessed it] to build oven at new place
Can't wait to see the results of Round Two...
Old 04-16-2014, 03:59 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

3 years off at least. Pretty much wont look any different John but the setting might look a little more like yours this time.

BTW where are you at any more progress?.

I will work a little on my IT and try hard to work out the cuts before hand like Les did.

Am just going to acquire materials as I find them cheap so I can get stuck in when the time comes. The concrete slab will be easier as I wont have existing infrastructure to work around I have a clean slate. Will still use Hebel for my framework as I feel it is so much easier than block. Will change so I have rear and front access to store wood.

Not much else I would change.

Last edited by oasiscdm; 04-16-2014 at 05:36 AM.
Old 04-16-2014, 03:41 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Jeeze you guys talking about building round two............the weather is good now so I have no excuses to uncover mine "round one" and maybe finish it by 2016!
Old 04-17-2014, 12:15 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Hey Russell

Been a while. Yep round 2. Better, cheaper, maybe bigger, but same theme for both love the Japanese, garden will do very similar all swmbo wants is somehere to paddle her feet.

Haven't told her yet I will fill it with piranha hehehehe
GianniFocaccia likes this.

Old 05-01-2014, 06:53 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Hi guys no action on oven daughter flew in from London as a surprise good Friday left Tuesday after Anzac day do nothing was accomplished other than quality time with her.

I do have a question.

When I render the done I will still have the Hebel exposed to the weather. It needs to be rendered also but I am concerned with storage getting under the done. Should I be concerned, if do any suggestions for ensuring a good seal.

Old 05-02-2014, 07:48 AM
Apprentice

I used liquid flashing, to seal the top and also to stop water getting into the calsil board.

cheers,

Steve.
Attached Thumbnails
new build in werribee-oven_top_liquid_flash.jpg  
Old 05-02-2014, 05:40 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thanx Steve

What brand was it, from where did you purchase.

Last edited by oasiscdm; 05-02-2014 at 05:46 PM.
Old 05-03-2014, 08:54 AM
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by oasiscdm View Post
Thanx Steve

What brand was it, from where did you purchase.
Hi Colin

The brand I used was "Liquid Flash" only because it was easy to get. Many other products exist. I have used other brads in the past, with good results in bathroom renovations. The paint/membrane has fibres, its thick and is flexible. When dry its ruberish and will stand some movement..

Steve