Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Regional Forums > Australia

Like Tree42Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2014, 05:29 AM
Master Builder

Default Re: new build in werribee

Quote:
Originally Posted by oasiscdm View Post
One of these weekends I will finish the oven. Another weekend lost having to do other things. arrrgh.

Still To do

Electrical work
Ceramic rope in gap at front between entry arch and inner landing arch
Decorative arch
My special top dead Centre piece for decorative arch
Finish render
Seal
Render base
Make 3 doors insulating door, blast door / weather door and hi temp glass door
Tool draw
Reseal deck
Install thermocouple reader install 6 thermocoúples
Then finish around the alfresco area
I feeling your pain .....My list is just as long.......The list never seems to end, and the weekends fly by.................One day at a time, Right?

KB
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-23-2014, 02:21 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Be over the moon if I got just one day., but I hear you.

Old 04-15-2014, 02:10 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Hi all has been a while

Nothing done further on build but this weekend have 4 days. I have had all the electrical work done, deck resurfaced and partner and I bought a new house in January. Found a product that will assist me building shoji screens.

Now you guys need to knock some sense into me , I TODAY bought 48% alumina arch 75 59 firebricks about 200 for $300 for [you guessed it] to build oven at new place.

Guess I should finish this one first but THAT WAS REALLY CHEAP

At least I know how now. If you want some cheap bricks and live in Melbourne then PM me and I will tell you where to go.
So to speak

Last edited by oasiscdm; 04-15-2014 at 02:35 AM.
Old 04-15-2014, 03:29 AM
Master Builder

Never let a good deal go by. I have enough in my shed to build another dome from when I found them at the right price when building my first.

I do believe that finishing one to find out what you would do differently would be a good thing to do!

Build Thread

Build Pics

Forno Food Pics
Old 04-15-2014, 03:33 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

hmmmmm what would I do differently ........ bigger hearth base surface would be it. Similar too Litekeeper

Last edited by oasiscdm; 04-15-2014 at 03:38 AM.
Old 04-15-2014, 03:56 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

I also see that gradii 400c restaurant won margarita pizza world championship.
Might go and check it out....

Old 04-15-2014, 04:04 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenman View Post
Never let a good deal go by. I have enough in my shed to build another dome from when I found them at the right price when building my first.

I do believe that finishing one to find out what you would do differently would be a good thing to do!
Hi Steve

I just happened to drop in on the guy that supplied me a lot of materials. He had a number of firebricks he obtained from a business that closed all new. He had some strange fire bricks all 47%. Including 2000 that tapered like wedges, and some other that were angled on one side only [key bricks]. He wanted a price then gave me a much better deal worked out to around 200 bricks at $300, cheaper than the current oven and more dense. now if I can find blanket and hearth cheap the next oven will cost much less.

Plus I will have everything I need. Will make some adjustments to my IT.

Old 04-15-2014, 04:28 AM
Master Builder

The ones I found were on pallets that were rotting and for 50c each could not miss. They are tapers and I cut them in half but they are the same size at the cut. Used the large ones on the bottom and the smaller ones at the top. It turned out fine.

Build Thread

Build Pics

Forno Food Pics
Old 04-15-2014, 04:35 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Hi Steve
The guy I speak of had 2000 of those [tapers]. opted for the arch bricks [less cuts] to achieve my no mortar internal finish. Will do the same again.

Will also do the yin and yang glazed symbol again its so cool watching it reappear from the DARKSIDE might make it similar next time to what I do with the keystone of my decorative arch.

I often just sit and watch when it clears and watch the keystone just appear from nothing every gust I have had thinks it is so cool.

Old 04-15-2014, 02:43 PM
Laborer

I used tapered bricks I set the bricks out with a 1.5 mm packer pulled them up tight with a ratchet strap and used the resultant circle as the diameter of the oven as the angle in the vertical arch is the same I then used the taper on the flat and cut the vertical sides resulting in 1.5 mm joints both ways