Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Regional Forums > Australia

Like Tree43Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2013, 05:52 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: new build in werribee

thanks guys

Will keep firing. Tonight firing took around 4 hours to clear. Will go and check hearth temps its now 11:43pm started firing at 3.30pm. Oven cleared at around 8.30pm. Current temps are 360c top of dome 350c at wall cooking side of dome half way up 310c floor.

Don't think I have ever seen floor above 350c. FYI my floor is 75mm firebrick tile

I have never had more than 3 logs burning at once. Should I try ramping it up with more? What would the suggestion be. I read on this site that guys are getting to pizza temps with 3 logs, Davids in a earlier post on this thread, floor gets to over 500c.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-29-2013, 12:15 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

When my dome ha s cleared (around 1 hr 20 mins) , I don't consider it ready for pizza. I usually fire my oven for about another 20-30 mins with the whole chamber full of flames- really give it to her. But as I said, every oven is different, my walls and floor are only 2" thick. But I think you could probably get more aggressive with the fire.
Old 12-29-2013, 01:47 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Gudday Colin
What's with the logs? Sticks are best, never anything thicker than you wrist. The fire needs to cover as much of the floor as possible. Just keep loading them in . Too much is when the flames start licking out the door, just under that is perfect. The floors the lowest point, heat goes up, and its often insulated by the ash as well so its the hardest to heat. Lots of ovens have 50mm floors so there quicker to heat. Yours is 75mm so it stores a bit of heat , you just got to get it there first.
Regards Dave
david s and Gulf like this.

My Build

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Door

Old 12-29-2013, 05:10 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Ok I will give it to her next firing and smaller is better

Old 12-30-2013, 08:43 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Ok thanks guys. Lit fire at 12pm cleared at 1.30pm top of dome 650c half way up wall 520c hearth 415c and rising.

Smaller wood, more of it oven even cleared consistently.

This was taken the other night Son bought back a chefs hat and apron from Paris. Look like a dork and I don't think the color is appropriate.
Attached Thumbnails
new build in werribee-imag1416.jpg   new build in werribee-imag1920.jpg  

Last edited by oasiscdm; 12-30-2013 at 10:48 PM.
Old 12-31-2013, 03:49 AM
Master Builder

Good outcome Colin. If looking like a dork was an issue then half of the population is in trouble, including me.

That is a problem for others!

Build Thread

Build Pics

Forno Food Pics
Old 12-31-2013, 04:09 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Now. That is interesting, I am a mental health counselor/coach. And to be honest I don't care but can take the piss out off myself. Nice one Steve

Old 12-31-2013, 06:50 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

ooohh lala..........after pizza you can switch to french baguettes!! Oven looks like it is curing well. Nice to see the yin/yang everytime you clear the dome.
Old 12-31-2013, 05:14 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Yep curing well. No baguettes for Colin have lost 13kg, Still not sure whether to vent top of dome with render layer.

The beauty of my yin and yang symbol is watching it magically reappear.

Lost my temp door turned to ash even with the layers of foil. Never mind got a new temp door
hebel and calsil scraps.

The real door still in the building.....

Old 01-01-2014, 04:08 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Hi guys and happy New year. Got the temp up last night and as I write this the oven is still maintaining a temp of 325c cooked a few things today but oven is a bit hot. External surface temp of blanket never got above 45c. With inside temps teaching well over 600c in spots.

I would like to thank all those that have helped me with my build your assistance had been more than invaluable. I would like to especially thank, Doug, John, Dave, David, Russell, Dennis, sharkey, kb,. Thanks to you all for your time observations, skills and knowledge.

Last edited by oasiscdm; 01-01-2014 at 04:12 AM.