Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Regional Forums > Australia

Like Tree42Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2013, 04:19 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: new build in werribee

Thanks Steve

Curing as we speak. Finishing touches will have to wait until after Xmas.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-15-2013, 08:06 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Colin
Nice work on cf blanket, really is nasty stuff huh. Your cure is coming along nice should be able to cook something soon with residual heat.

Experiences are the names I call my mistakes!

Link to my build -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Picassa Picture Log
Old 12-15-2013, 01:09 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thanks russell. I rugged up but am still itchy. Found the chook wire worse am cut to buggery and beyond. Was amazed when dome cleared with curing device. How's this I had 8 heat beads just sitting in there and went out last night and they had ignited , no direct flame, cool.

Old 12-16-2013, 04:15 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

My nice neat clean and pretty oven is all dirty and black
Attached Thumbnails
new build in werribee-imag1364.jpg   new build in werribee-imag1365.jpg   new build in werribee-imag1366.jpg   new build in werribee-imag1367.jpg  

Old 12-16-2013, 05:10 AM
Master Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by oasiscdm View Post

My nice neat clean and pretty oven is all dirty and black
Black is beautiful. Can't wait to see your keystone cleared, go easy though.

KB

Old 12-16-2013, 05:17 AM
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by oasiscdm View Post
No large flames, allows oven to heat evenly. a slow and steady cure might minimise cracking. When I took off plastic it was drenched and stream then came off the oven.

Well heat with cutting device for another day Tuesday will get done heat into the floor with heat beads, then maybe wood on Thursday. Away next weekend so won't be able to fire it up until Sunday.
Wonderful but I can't help but wonder where one gets such a thing. Even if I was back in the US, where to go to buy? Is there a 'WFO Curing Devices R Us' store on every corner down under?

It looks like a great oven! I'm sure you'll have many a pizza party with it Oasis. :b:
Old 12-16-2013, 05:18 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Hey kb going slow heat beads tonight, maybe tomorrow, then wood. Been firing oven since Thursday I think. Had the curing device get temp up too clearing temps to off oven

Old 12-16-2013, 02:45 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

I have sent SWMBO out today to get another box of heat beads toss them in bag and all when I get home. I chucked 3 bags in last night when I got back from the men's group I facilitate [about 11pm].

The oven was around 180c when I got home at 11pm without heat from around midday.

I threw 2 bags in this morning. Then will toss 2-4 in tonight. Maybe a little wood before I go to bed.

I also erected a cover over the oven [also at 11pm] so I can keep the plastic off it [found it saturates the blanket with condensation]. Made it so I can take it up and down easily [rope pullies] as we are in for 3 hot days coming up. And I also made a shovel with long handle another $6 bunnings special.

I will put the plastic over the oven tonight when I get home leave it for a while check for condensation.

This hopefully will dry up the blanket. My aim is to keep it around that 300 - 350c mark for a number of days before I go away this weekend overnight [damn could have had a practice run at a chicken or something].

Last edited by oasiscdm; 12-16-2013 at 02:47 PM.
Old 12-16-2013, 02:59 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancer View Post
Wonderful but I can't help but wonder where one gets such a thing. Even if I was back in the US, where to go to buy? Is there a 'WFO Curing Devices R Us' store on every corner down under?

It looks like a great oven! I'm sure you'll have many a pizza party with it Oasis. :b:
Thanks Lancer for the compliments. Re curing device I just purchased it online, a place here in Melbourne had it going for very reasonable price.

You can get them from China/Hong Kong if you can get the propane/LPG. Can you get this where you are?

Old 12-16-2013, 03:41 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Colin,

Judging from the soot signature in your entryway pics, the configuration of your vent is quite effective. It appears no smoke made it out the door and past 50% of the way to your outer arch before exiting up through the flue. Just like stopwatches in timed swimming events (they don't lie), same goes for telltale smoke stains. I would also attribute this efficiency to your hemispherical arch shape, which appears to contribute to a narrower smoke path than a wider, flatter arch. I'm also curious to see how the soot path changes once you get a full fire going.

KBart is right: The ceiling soot starkly displays the accuracy and symmetry of your beautiful brick cuts. Once it clears, you'll see you can go black and go back!

Nicely done, sir!

Last edited by GianniFocaccia; 12-16-2013 at 03:44 PM. Reason: lame typo