Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Regional Forums > Australia

Like Tree43Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2013, 02:44 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: new build in werribee

Gudday Colin
The keystone pretty special!
The rest of the dome is really neat. Like the use of the different brick colours high up.
That going to look real good after the fires have burnt the lime haze off and those bricks and they start glowing.
Regards dave

My Build

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Door

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-15-2013, 03:31 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

And I was going to clean them, I'm a silly main there are actually 3 differing bricks on the dome and I'm hoping that won't cause a failure. The ones I acquired from Brickie, there were 2 types and the new ones 75/51 and 75's I needed to use to form the dome.

Thank you for the a assistance with the etching, your demonstration pics helped heaps.

Last edited by oasiscdm; 11-15-2013 at 03:33 PM.
Old 11-17-2013, 01:43 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Well now the dome is complete I was able to move to the landing and flue gallery.

Only had a day at it, but got it done after some grief with the front arch. Wasn't happy on 6 occasions so ripped it out and did it again. Problem was in putting the last brick in I kept dislodging previous layed bricks. So decided in the end to stop being impatient and leave it too dry. Then moved to the Flue gallery side bricks. Will complete it similar to Sharkey and Russell.

I had to make an adjustment in the flue gallery to accommodate the size needed for the entry. Not overly concerned about it as it may get hidden when Decorative arch is completed.
Attached Thumbnails
new build in werribee-imag1153.jpg   new build in werribee-imag1154.jpg   new build in werribee-imag1159.jpg   new build in werribee-imag1160.jpg   new build in werribee-imag1164.jpg  

new build in werribee-imag1165.jpg  

Last edited by oasiscdm; 11-17-2013 at 01:57 AM.
Old 11-17-2013, 03:04 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

the stainless I picked up for $20 damn it forgot to get some for the door.
Attached Thumbnails
new build in werribee-imag1167.jpg  

Old 11-17-2013, 05:41 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Brick work for you vent arch looks nice, like the curved inner vent area. Nice score on the SS cutoffs. Looks like you have plenty for tools and door. I guess you can either tig weld or know someone who can.

Experiences are the names I call my mistakes!

Link to my build -

My Picassa Picture Log
Old 11-17-2013, 01:42 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thanks Russell

Yeah a friend of mine does my welding for me, he happens to be a fitter and turner engineer fellow that runs his own business repairing hydraulics. he made the Bricksaw jig for me and my concrete form for the base of the supporting structure for the oven. I can do most things but was never any good at welding.

Thanks for the suggestions re PM i sent.

Old 11-22-2013, 01:18 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Hi

Got home with some new toys that were delivered [Cobblerdave you know which one it works very well] and a die nut to thread some stainless tube for my home made thermowells. Worked a treat see photo below. I also finished the front Landing Arch and tidied the entry removing the arch form.
Attached Thumbnails
new build in werribee-imag1195.jpg   new build in werribee-imag1196.jpg  

Old 11-22-2013, 02:26 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Very nice indeed, Colin. Your entryway is beautiful.

John
Old 11-22-2013, 02:36 AM
Master Builder

Looks good Colin. Clean and neat.

Build Thread

Build Pics

Forno Food Pics
Old 11-22-2013, 02:52 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenman View Post
Looks good Colin. Clean and neat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GianniFocaccia View Post
Very nice indeed, Colin. Your entryway is beautiful. John
Thanks guys - John thanks too you and many others, your lead on the entry way made my path easier. Now for the hard part putting that round peg in a square hole. As you can see by the scribble on the tile that is my square hole. John I have decided to transition the 3" thick tile from square to round through the 3" thickness too allow a seamless transition from the entry gallery following the taper I have their already front and back.

I will cut the circle out right through using the method you suggested in our discussions about this [I have a 6" Diamond blade now so can get through]. Then use the blade to shape the transition and finally use my granite sanding discs to shape from square to round. So hopefully all done in a single piece.

Then again .... It might be to hard. but will give it a shot.