Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Regional Forums > Australia

Like Tree42Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2013, 05:32 PM
Journeyman

Default Re: new build in werribee

Im sure there are other good brands but not as cheap or convenient and with minimal difference in the end result(if any), making it not worth the effort to search them out.
Old 09-14-2013, 01:13 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

TC

I concur although I'm a paella fan and spent a fair bit of time searching for calasparra rice and it makes a huge difference, I was quite impressed with the difference actually.

But I guess flour is always used with additives to make final product.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by oasiscdm; 09-14-2013 at 01:15 AM.
Old 09-14-2013, 01:39 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Gudday
Nothing added 4 ingredients bread flour , water , salt , yeast.
Keep it real simple and it works every time
Regards dave

My Build

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Door

Old 10-06-2013, 12:08 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Ok after 2 months of no work on the wfo I was able to get back to the oven for a few hours. one brick and keystone left on the dome. Got in to clean the inside a little.

I was very annoyed with one cut on that last course. It is odd, but I decided to leave it as I would have needed to take a few out to rectify it.

I was thinking of having the keystone protrude into the oven by about 25mm has anyone done that previously? Not sure why I want to do this just feel like doing it.
Attached Thumbnails
new build in werribee-imag0968.jpg   new build in werribee-imag0969.jpg   new build in werribee-imag0970.jpg   new build in werribee-imag0974.jpg   new build in werribee-imag0981.jpg  

new build in werribee-imag0982.jpg  

Last edited by oasiscdm; 10-06-2013 at 12:54 AM.
Old 10-06-2013, 01:05 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Ok I wasn't going to post this picture [due to the huge massive big gut] ut in the pursuit of equality of those that have regardless of girth, here it is.

I got in the oven to clean the bricks and noticed that I have made a slipup. With the lower dome and arch bricks I noticed that the top of the dome is a little lower than it is meant to be eg. drooping a little I estimate about 15mm. Should have cut the angle off the back of the brick as well as the front of the brick.
Attached Thumbnails
new build in werribee-imag0980.jpg  

Old 10-06-2013, 01:28 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by oasiscdm View Post
I was thinking of having the keystone protrude into the oven by about 25mm has anyone done that previously? Not sure why I want to do this just feel like doing it.
Why would you want to interrupt the laminar flow of the gasses?

Old 10-06-2013, 01:29 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by oasiscdm View Post
Ok I wasn't going to post this picture [due to the huge massive big gut] ut in the pursuit of equality of those that have regardless of girth, here it is.

I got in the oven to clean the bricks and noticed that I have made a slipup. With the lower dome and arch bricks I noticed that the top of the dome is a little lower than it is meant to be eg. drooping a little I estimate about 15mm. Should have cut the angle off the back of the brick as well as the front of the brick.
Colin,
Don't give it another thought, it will make no difference to the way the thing will perform. If you could measure the difference you'd find there'd be none. But don't increase the error by making it even lower by protruding the keystone.
Forget it and forge on.
Dave

Last edited by david s; 10-06-2013 at 01:35 AM.
Old 10-06-2013, 02:16 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

thx guys.

Got back in and measured it. It isn't 15mm its only about 5ish mm instead of flat over the last 3 courses

In relation to having the keystone lower I just felt it was more aesthetically pleasing with what i'm doing to finish the key.

Old 10-06-2013, 02:25 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Cool Re: new build in werribee

Gudday Colin
That's a Champion build you have done there!!!!
So don't be too hards on yourself for 5 mm
Regards dave

My Build

My Door

Old 10-06-2013, 02:38 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thx Dave much appreciated

Just annoyed I didn't use my dome template as I would have noticed it very easily and could have adjusted. Instead.... I decided to use Gianni's technique of scoring the bricks on all sides as,,,, believe it or not,,, you push this bricks into place with a firm but slightly sloppy mix and guess what the bricks stay put - no IT, no sticks, jacks, sand forms, or dome templates required, they simply just stayed in place. wouldn't have believed that without actually seeing it work. So much for faith.

The droop is hardly noticeable unless you get into the oven as you can see from photos you wouldn't know. There is a way though..... now I've been in the oven.

Keystone still a ways away. You'll see why when its finally cemented in place.

Last edited by oasiscdm; 10-06-2013 at 02:49 AM.