Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Regional Forums > Australia

Like Tree43Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2013, 01:14 AM
Master Builder

Default Re: new build in werribee

Colin,
just on flues ........cheapest I found locally was to buy as a kit from a ducting and flue supplier for the mechanical trade (HVAC)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-08-2013, 03:28 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by oasiscdm View Post
Thanks Guys

David I have tried them they aren't far form me in Geelong I could drive there, they only do 900mm length duct. Don't do Stainless rain caps. I also am not wanting too join 2 pieces together, as to me it will look ugly. There pricing was over the $400 mark once you add the extra 2 pieces of flue to get the length I need.

Yeah I agree it would be substantially cheaper [$3.30 per brick] Stonecutter, but because the oven is monolithic to look at the stainless steel flue I feel will soften the look whereas a brick chimney will add to the monolithic look. That's one of the reasons I am opening up my landing and having a full reveal at this point to me looks better.

Thanks again guys I actually found the Selkirk, Duratech flue systems in China where they cost about $100 + shipping for the 3 components needed, but I cannot find anywhere that I can buy just 1. If I could sus that out that would be the way to go.
Gudday Colin
You haven't compromised on anything to date so the flue is no exception.
What's the minimum buy amount? Is it sensible to buy that amount and sell them on the forum ,gumtree, eBay? It is winter its the season to sell flues Just a thought

Regards Dave

My Build

My Door

Old 07-08-2013, 05:52 AM
Journeyman

I put in a few flues for fire places in Melbourne
Cheapest I found
was
Wood Heaters Melbourne, Gas Log Fires Melbourne, Flues Melbourne | Just Flues
it was a while ago though
Old 07-08-2013, 05:55 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by oasiscdm View Post

Yeah I agree it would be substantially cheaper [$3.30 per brick] Stonecutter, but because the oven is monolithic to look at the stainless steel flue I feel will soften the look whereas a brick chimney will add to the monolithic look. That's one of the reasons I am opening up my landing and having a full reveal at this point to me looks better.
That suggestion didn't mean leaving the fire brick exposed as a finished chimney, just as a flue with a surround. But it sounds like you found what you are looking for, so I'm glad it worked out for you.

You are paying $3.30 per brick? Wow...that's more than triple than around here.

Current WFO build -

When we build, let us think that we build for ever.
John Ruskin
Old 07-08-2013, 06:50 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thanks Guys will check all that out. trouble with flue manufacturers is the limit too 900mm length pipe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobblerdave View Post
Gudday Colin
You haven't compromised on anything to date so the flue is no exception.
What's the minimum buy amount? Is it sensible to buy that amount and sell them on the forum ,gumtree, eBay? It is winter its the season to sell flues Just a thought

Regards Dave
Thanks Dave I thought about that but minimum buy is 100. But I haven't been able to find a supplier directly only things like alibaba. Don't have that sort of money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
You are paying $3.30 per brick? Wow...that's more than triple than around here.
Yeap. Stonecutter that's the price down here. EVERYTHING COSTS THE EARTH in Australia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TropicalCoasting View Post
I put in a few flues for fire places in Melbourne
Cheapest I found was Wood Heaters Melbourne, Gas Log Fires Melbourne, Flues Melbourne | Just Flues
it was a while ago though
Tropical spoke too the owner he was to give me a quote but never received however he couldn't do longer than 900mm

Last edited by oasiscdm; 07-08-2013 at 06:58 AM.
Old 07-08-2013, 06:58 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Nice tapered arch Colin, yes it is pretty and you can say you did it all yourself.
Old 07-08-2013, 07:42 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thanks Russell. Are you referring inner arch?

Old 07-08-2013, 07:44 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Really all of your build but the inner arch or the inner part of the tapered arch is very nice.
Old 07-08-2013, 07:56 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Russell I see, still get lost with terminology but I have many others to thank that went before me for developing the technique.

Very appreciative of them all and thank you for the compliment Russell, feel though the hard part is left to do, the last 4 courses and that landing I'm playing with.

Last edited by oasiscdm; 07-08-2013 at 05:08 PM.
Old 07-09-2013, 01:18 AM
Master Builder

Colin,
Have you seen/considered a flashing cone as a transition to you flue?

The gas heating brochure here is a read
PRODUCTS

Also have a local steel fabricator who will roll a flue in 1200mm