Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Regional Forums > Australia

Like Tree42Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2013, 06:45 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: new build in werribee

Hi Russell

What did you use on your grinder.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-27-2013, 12:42 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

I have a angle grinder with a 5/8" threaded arbor and I used a diamond cupped wheel which are about $20 USD.
Attached Thumbnails
new build in werribee-diamond-wheels.jpg  

Experiences are the names I call my mistakes!

Link to my build -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Picassa Picture Log
Old 05-27-2013, 04:34 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Hey Russell same as mine exactly.

Old 05-28-2013, 02:49 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Hey course 5 finished.

After a trip to dentist to get tooth fixed decided to complete the course and get ready for next course well nearly got there but ran out of day light. Was hoping to get 3 bricks in place on next course give me head start for weekend.

Here's some photos. Think I may have beginning of dreaded droop. But could be optical illusion too. so took some photos for a more objective look. Only problem it was dark. Will put a level across it in daylight and see.

I intend to mark the centre of each brick with the IT/String and take my time [I am going to attach a chalk line to my IT] as rushing caused some minor and a couple of more serious alignment issues but have managed to maintain tight internal joints. I am back to round now.

Hey Allan [Brickie in oz] if you see this, how do you lay the last brick on the arch?, 2mm gaps I find the mortar is just pushed out. Is there a technique? I found around the dome the mortar gets pushed out. Must be missing something, have cut the back of the brick around the dome to allow mortar. But the arch to me is a challenge getting mortar in those 2-3mm gaps.
Attached Thumbnails
new build in werribee-imag0693.jpg   new build in werribee-imag0694.jpg   new build in werribee-imag0695.jpg   new build in werribee-imag0696.jpg   new build in werribee-imag0697.jpg  

new build in werribee-imag0699.jpg  
kbartman likes this.

Last edited by oasiscdm; 05-28-2013 at 03:59 AM.
Old 05-28-2013, 03:03 PM
Serf

I wont comment on the arch situation, it's way out of my pay grade and ability

The dome brickwork looks great exterior wise, so I can only imagine the internal is the same. Great jobby there Oasis.
Old 05-29-2013, 12:18 AM
Master Builder

Arch = challenge. Will you loose the gap with mortar .... Across a number of bricks?

Old 05-29-2013, 01:57 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Hi Damon

Yep, no worries see daylight photos below.

Well I picked up some ceramic blanket insulation today bargain got 2 boxes of Insulfrax S Blanket [not ceramic blanket]. Interesting thing is each box contains 6 100mmx25mmx7.2m strips. But what is even more a bonus is its the 128/M3 which I believe has a higher insulation value. the bargain is the 2 boxes cost $100 the full width sheets 600mm wide were $140 per box.

My view here is a wide sheet hard to position, 100mm strips I can lattice over the oven [or at least that's how I am seeing it now]. I have enough for 100mm depth on insulation will do 50mm first if I have enough I will do 2 more layers.

I have 195mm at the back/side extremities of the dome apex to work with for insulation and render so should be well insulated.
Attached Thumbnails
new build in werribee-imag0700.jpg   new build in werribee-imag0702.jpg   new build in werribee-imag0703.jpg   new build in werribee-imag0704.jpg  

Last edited by oasiscdm; 05-29-2013 at 02:55 AM.
Old 05-29-2013, 04:34 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Hi

I was out checking things out. Thought I would take some photos of arch from inside. Anyone see any challenges moving forward.
Attached Thumbnails
new build in werribee-imag0706.jpg   new build in werribee-imag0707.jpg  

Old 05-29-2013, 06:05 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Colin,

Have you tapered R5 yet? If not do a face cut on the front of the brick to get rid of the chipped corner. It really does not matter but the rest of your build is so pretty.

Experiences are the names I call my mistakes!

Link to my build -

My Picassa Picture Log
Old 05-29-2013, 06:16 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Sorry Russell will be replacing the R5 chipped brick as I have plenty spare. Thanks for the compliment. Still annoyed with the right hand side inside though. Ruins the prettiness.

thx for pointing it out though. I was just leaving it as I have a line drawn on top of it.