Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Regional Forums > Australia

Like Tree43Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2012, 10:41 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: new build in werribee

Gudday
Russel I "resemble" those remarks

Heres just an idea ......why not build a slab on piers through the deck instead of making a complete base. Your prepared to canterlever 150 mm why not consider going the full monty. Check out Neil2's build in the General construction section called canterlever flight deck

Regards Dave

My Build

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Door

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-21-2012, 10:45 PM
Laborer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobblerdave View Post
Gudday
Russel I "resemble" those remarks

Heres just an idea ......why not build a slab on piers through the deck instead of making a complete base. Your prepared to canterlever 150 mm why not consider going the full monty. Check out Neil2's build in the General construction section called canterlever flight deck

Regards Dave
hehe, I knew I read it somewhere here, love the saying Dave!

Old 08-22-2012, 04:09 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobblerdave View Post

Regards Dave
Thx for that Dave, I checked Neil2 build out. As much as i am very handy [as in every thing you see i have built] that is way way beyond me. Also i had cut the deck out before i read this, this afternoon.

Cheers Colin

PS ok just noticed your sign off. LOL
Old 12-02-2012, 04:29 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Haven't been able to do much as I have been waiting for a mate to complete this. So base now not far away. Hopefully the next two weeks should see slab done, once I get this set up in place. Then off to get hebel for base and hearth. Also been working on patio walls as photos show.
Attached Thumbnails
new build in werribee-imag0353.jpg   new build in werribee-imag0356-copy.jpg   new build in werribee-imag0357.jpg  
Old 12-02-2012, 05:50 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Did you check with your local council re a WFO installation. The last thing you would want is an angry neighbour complaining that your oven was not built to regulation and then force you to tear It down. I see that your space is tight and your neighbours must be close.
Old 12-02-2012, 02:06 PM
Master Builder

I saw your photos and I hope that you have very good relationship with your your neighbors, because when that smoke goes into those upstairs windows it might be hell to pay. Here in Japan, farmers think nothing of cutting grass around the fields and burning it and depending on how the winds blow, I've walked out of my studio to find my house filled with smoke. Had I been in America, I would have been tempted to shoot someone, but in Japan guns are not sold or allowed, knifing someone was too much work and messy, so a tongue lashing had to suffice.
Old 12-02-2012, 03:11 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thanks guys!

As for the smoke I have no problem, they both have combustion heaters that force me to close windows everytime they are lit eg. every night through the colder months [and i like my windows open]. The oven will get lit maybe at worst once a week while the novelty is the driving force, more likely monthly after that.

Based on what i read here - fire it once and cook all weekend, if necessary i will get them to pass there pizzas over the fence and cook them while its on or pass them some bread or something LOL.

That should keep the wolves at bay.

Cheers Colin
Old 12-02-2012, 03:22 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Laurentius i'm curious you are in Japan. I am looking for some ideas in finishing the outdoor area - as my garden is japanese in style [see other photos]. If you look at those pictures i am putting Shoji screens above the fence either side of the partly completed wall you see [on right hand side].

I am not enclosing the oven as it will be an igloo. Thinking currently is to incorporate Stainless Steel facing on the arch entry [simplistic zen look].

Either side of the Oven will be planter boxes with Xanthorrea [australian plant] in each. front of right side of oven will be bench leading into BBQ [on right side wall back corner on left side of post].

That area is 3.8 mt wide and 8 mt long. Houses are at least 25 metres away.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Cheers Colin
Old 12-02-2012, 04:56 PM
Master Builder

Hi Colin,

Check out these images, there are a few that has space somewhat like your. If you do use planter boxes go for something natural such as bamboo, shoji and folding panel are not normally found in or around the gardens, bamboo fence or bamboo supported trees are used. small Japanese garden - Google
Old 12-02-2012, 05:40 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Small Japanese Garden . I think that you just set me a back about 10 years of spare time!

Seriously, Those are some beautiful pics. Thanks for sharing .

"There is a snake in the garden."