Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Regional Forums > Australia

Like Tree43Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2013, 05:50 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: new build in werribee

Gudday
I was reluctant to mention where I had used this stuff before.
It was in the navy. We called it "drape ". It was used to drape over the meal tables. Didn't matter if things were spilt on it .. It continued to grip your plate.
Wash it out and even wet it would work. That's why I thought this would work for you , full of water and brick slurry a quick clean and your away.
No I didn't get the piece I have from the navy.

Regards dave

My Build

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Door

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-09-2013, 06:30 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Hi again Dave,

Actually found some I already had. Will try it out in the morning.

Old 03-09-2013, 07:17 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

That is one serious jig on steriods. Looks like it will do the trick. I did notice a slotted blade pic 0479 that should work fine on your fire bricks. I actually preferred slotted over continous rim. I see you had some questions on taper and bevel angles. I rarely used top and bottom cuts, only used them when I mulked up near the dome and inner arch transition. Yell if you have questions

Last edited by UtahBeehiver; 03-09-2013 at 06:51 PM. Reason: typos from iphone
Old 03-09-2013, 12:56 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

You need to cut that front handle off, when the blade grabs a brick it will drag the table and your hand through the blade, zing.......

Without the handle you wont be tempted to hold the front.

Old 03-09-2013, 12:57 PM
Master Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahBeehiver View Post
that is one serious jig on steriods. Looks like it willdo the trick. I did notice a slotted blade pic 0479 that shuld work fine on your fire bricks. I actually prefered slotted over continous rim. I ee you had some questions on taper and bevel angles. I rarely used top and bottom cuts, only used them wheni mulked up near the dome and inner arch transition. Yell if you have questions.
Hi Utah,

Did you receive my email yesterday? If not check your messages.
Old 03-09-2013, 07:13 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Oasis -
Looking good. I responded to your post over in the calculator thread. Looks like you are on your way.

Old 03-09-2013, 08:56 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickie in oz View Post
You need to cut that front handle off, when the blade grabs a brick it will drag the table and your hand through the blade, zing.......

Without the handle you wont be tempted to hold the front.

Hi Allan

Are you referring to the blue handle on the tray or the Brick Saw handle?

I am actually looking at a way of clamping the brick to the stops.

Last edited by oasiscdm; 03-09-2013 at 09:10 PM.
Old 03-09-2013, 09:07 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thanks one and all for the comments and advice.

A jig on steriods hmmmmmm [hope WADA dont hear about that] I gave my mate the brief, 6 months later there it is, now i have to get my head around all the angles and three dimensions, whats doing my head in is the fact im using tapered bricks which sit on an angle on the jig.

I am making a few tweaks to the tray. Yes am going to paint it, add some nylock nuts, wing nuts for easier adjustments, get rid of a few sharp edges attach some rubber, clamping mechanism for smaller bricks, brickie has suggested removing the handle [thinking thats a good idea as i found it awkward anyway was easier to bypass it].

Russell the blade i ordered was a slotted blade only $90, the blade on the saw now has only 2 mm left on it got it cheap from Tradline Tools here is Aus it has a 15mm segment height.

Last edited by oasiscdm; 03-09-2013 at 10:35 PM.
Old 03-09-2013, 09:09 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejayoh View Post
Oasis -
Looking good. I responded to your post over in the calculator thread. Looks like you are on your way.

Hi Deejayoh

Thanks for the the clarification and yes am on my way finally just so happens i am away for most weekends until beggining of May.

Old 03-09-2013, 09:26 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by oasiscdm View Post
Hi Allan

Are you referring to the blue handle on the tray or the Brick Saw handle?

I am actually looking at a way of clamping the brick to the stops.
I am, doesnt matter if you clamp or not, Ive seen so many brick saws drag the brick through with frightening speed, you will lose body bits before you can say wh.............