Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Regional Forums > Australia

Like Tree43Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2013, 04:50 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: new build in werribee

Hi David

Some of those things were discussed. Lol

But alas they are empty. Sealed but empty. Couldn't think of anybody I wanted knocked off. Why would I hide a briefcase full of money in there wouldn't I spend it doing gold filigree finish on the oven. Now that would be a sight for an WFO.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by oasiscdm; 02-24-2013 at 02:27 AM.
Old 02-28-2013, 02:13 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Hi all

Quick question. Should i seal the Hebel panel hearth before i lay the calsil board over it, if so with what?

I will do what Doug [karangi dude] has done with the Barrel oven he is using Hebel with - using hebel adhesive to lay the calsil to the Hebel.

Can anyone that knows anything about Hebel see anything wrong with this thinking.....I am asking this based on the Wet Floor thread.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by oasiscdm; 02-28-2013 at 02:17 AM.
Old 02-28-2013, 11:01 AM
Laborer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oasiscdm View Post
Hi David

Couldn't think of anybody I wanted knocked off...
I reckon Julia Gillard would squeeze in there...you could probably force Abbott's pin head in there somewhere too!

Old 03-01-2013, 01:38 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Hi ozovenbuilder

Not sure about Gillard fitting [my local member btw] hasn't she got a big arse. If the media over the next few days mentions abott and gillard are missing. Well you know where they are. Ssssshhhhhhhhhh dont tell anyone.

Last edited by oasiscdm; 03-01-2013 at 01:48 AM.
Old 03-01-2013, 01:44 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Hi Allan [Brickie in oz]

Thanks for today unloaded and stacked and by the way loved your oven and advice. Great entertaining area. That is one mighty good looking build.

Cheers

Old 03-08-2013, 02:29 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Hi all

Well i have my fingers crossed that i get my Brick Saw back tomorrow. With the winged and mitred Brick Tray. Then i can start doing what needs to be done to get this thing started and finished.

Yiiiiiiipppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Old 03-09-2013, 12:48 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Hi All

Well my bricksaw was returned today with a Brick Saw tray [purchased new 16" for $200 but without the tray retailed for $1600 partners Son got it from major tool auction he had about 6 brick saws, compactors etc. sold the lot except this one].

I have posted some photos for you of the Tray my mate made for me [Based on Utahbeehiver (Russell) modifications which were based on various other members ideas, thanks to all].

It needs some modifications but I will give it a go shortly try to find some rubber to stick on it.

I ordered a 16" saw blade for $90 online, hopefully it will work ok on fire bricks [thought nothing ventured nothing gained for 90 bucks].
Attached Thumbnails
new build in werribee-imag0478.jpg   new build in werribee-imag0479.jpg   new build in werribee-imag0480.jpg   new build in werribee-imag0481.jpg   new build in werribee-imag0482.jpg  

new build in werribee-imag0483.jpg  

Last edited by oasiscdm; 03-09-2013 at 01:45 AM.
Old 03-09-2013, 12:54 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

And one more. I am quite impressed with what he has done. Once the Saw was put back on stand it highlighted a few problems but not insurmountable. Its adjustment range is, well, way more than needed.

Major challenge is it should have had a wider gap around the saw blade area for angled and mitred cuts as a Brick corner knocks/tends to hit the other edge on severe mitred and bevelled angle. Might just have to take a couple of cuts at it but that is ok.

I'm guessing the angles wont be that dramatic..

Any idea how i might attach a rubber mat to the tray so bricks dont slip and will tolerate water????
Attached Thumbnails
new build in werribee-imag0484.jpg  

Last edited by oasiscdm; 03-09-2013 at 01:58 AM.
Old 03-09-2013, 02:17 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Gudday Colin
Why not try some of that rubber grip mat , I don't know it's name but it looks like a rubber netting. I've a piece I use to hold things that are to thin for a vice on my bench to sand and plane. The holes should hold the water and brick slurry I'd imagine, stuffs cheap and available. Check out the flooring section at bunnings I think it's also used under rugs to stop them slipping on polished floors

Regards dave

My Build

My Door

Old 03-09-2013, 03:19 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Hi dave

Good to hear from you.
I will go down to Bunnies tomorrow and check it out. I know the stuff you mean but I was hoping to glue something to the table and stops so that there attached and not loose [saftey and all that].

Hit a snag earlier this evening [or i thought i did]. I couldn't get enough height/tilt on the left hand side of the blade because of the mechanism.

But had a full brick on the table. Deeerrrrrrrr i will be using half bricks once cut. Now not a problem can go all the way to 45 deg and beyond.