Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Regional Forums > Australia

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2014, 06:43 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: New build in Adelaide - total rookie in need of help!

If it were me, I would remove (what ever it took of the retaining wall and fill) to fit the back of my oven stand. I really think in this case that you need to build the stand up from firm subsoil.

Also, (with the proper insulation) your oven will only be at ambient temperature outside the finished render. Maybe just a little warmer until it is completely dry.

Just Say'n

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 01-28-2014, 08:06 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Hi

Re photos, you don't need to take photos in landscape only. On your phone or computer where the photo is stored simply click and hold the photo right click with mouse, and edit the photo and you will see a rotate option. Rotate it then save. And reload into the post.

I concur with gulf, I would make it to size from the ground up by cutting into the retaining wall. Cantilever will work I did this in my build with the base slab and hearth base made with hebel to get the correct size. So I didn't need to compromise oven dynamics eg. Short vent area.

Old 01-28-2014, 08:15 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

How about sketching a plan with dimensions and post that. Just take a photo of plan

Old 01-28-2014, 10:59 PM
Peasant

Your space looks very similar to mine. I decided to go with a 36" oven due to space limitations. I knocked out my retaining wall and will build it starting on ground level. Here is the shape I went with:
Old 01-28-2014, 11:07 PM
Peasant

Guess I screwed that up. Here is the link instead of a super big pic: http://n8sbar.servebeer.com/wp-conte...ar-layout1.jpg