Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Regional Forums > Australia

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2013, 12:56 AM
Apprentice

Default Re: New 36inch castable build in Brisbane

Cooked at ~ 200c for an hour, but put the door on again for another 15 minutes to brown the crust a bit more. Yummy....
Attached Thumbnails
New 36inch castable build in Brisbane-dsc01991.jpg   New 36inch castable build in Brisbane-dsc01996.jpg   New 36inch castable build in Brisbane-dsc01998.jpg   New 36inch castable build in Brisbane-dsc02000.jpg  
david s likes this.
Old 12-29-2013, 03:17 PM
Laborer

omg that looks good!
You some sort of chef brissie?,you are dishing out some very impressive meals .
So you just used a standard dough recipe?

John

My Build .........
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by chubbybones; 12-29-2013 at 03:20 PM.
Old 12-29-2013, 10:23 PM
Master Builder

That looks very good. I had never heard of it before but it looks like a good thing to master. Any tips for those of us coming from ground zero in making one of these?

You certainly have been knocking out some spectacular food.

Build Thread
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Build Pics

Forno Food Pics
Old 12-30-2013, 01:25 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Question Re: New 36inch castable build in Brisbane

Gudday
You've got me in as well, I need to know the recipe and the significance of the mold? Baking tin? You cooked it in. What's with the funnel in the middle
Regards dave

My Build

My Door

Old 12-30-2013, 02:36 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Hi

Dave the funnel in the middle [donut cake pan] allows cakey things to cook more evenly. Considering what was cooked the choice of pan was ideal.

Forget exactly what they are called but I have one and use it regularly

Old 12-30-2013, 03:45 AM
Apprentice

Hi guys,

Its easy to make. I made the pizza dough the night before, let it rise a bit and put it in the fridge. I think the flavour improves if you make the dough the night before the bake. I generally do this when making pizza's.

Check google tortano - Google Search

It looks like you can add any filling, but fillings packed with flavour work the best. It can be eaten warm or cold, I think it tastes the best when still warm.

I used parmesan cheese, but when I make it again I would used a third parmasen and 2 thirds a softer cheese. It was packed with flavour but a bit salty. Reducing the parmasen should fix this.

Happy cooking

Update : I think you could used any tin or no tin. But it does look good in the traditional shape.

Bundt tins, are used so the centre of a round cake cook, depending in the cake recipe. Some cakes need this because they might not cook in the middle.

Last edited by brissie; 12-30-2013 at 03:56 AM.
Old 12-30-2013, 04:59 PM
Master Builder

They are called Bundt Pans.

I had a look at YouTube and if you are fluent in Italian you will get plenty from there. Watching the pictures and with some guesswork and the grasp of a couple of words of Italian you can get the idea.

Looks like something interesting to make.

Build Thread

Build Pics

Forno Food Pics
Old 01-09-2014, 03:19 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by brissie View Post
Hi guys,

Its easy to make. I made the pizza dough the night before, let it rise a bit and put it in the fridge. I think the flavour improves if you make the dough the night before the bake. I generally do this when making pizza's.

Check google tortano - Google Search

It looks like you can add any filling, but fillings packed with flavour work the best. It can be eaten warm or cold, I think it tastes the best when still warm.

I used parmesan cheese, but when I make it again I would used a third parmasen and 2 thirds a softer cheese. It was packed with flavour but a bit salty. Reducing the parmasen should fix this.

Happy cooking

Update : I think you could used any tin or no tin. But it does look good in the traditional shape.

Bundt tins, are used so the centre of a round cake cook, depending in the cake recipe. Some cakes need this because they might not cook in the middle.
Gudday Brissie
Yes I did your link
I only mad it worse
So I decided heat of no heat I'm going to cook this!
I flashed the oven up ... A one hour burn .. Hoping that I had enough heat
Sunday afternoon .. The dough goes off like a started roo ,and I put it in the fridge to settle it down.
Did all the fold thing and threw it in.... What tha.
New 36inch castable build in Brisbane-image.jpg
It's not the best , but the son has eaten it all,
Thanks Dave
Yes I didn't use to much para cheese not to salty
brissie likes this.

My Build

My Door

Old 01-09-2014, 05:52 AM
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobblerdave View Post
Gudday Brissie
Yes I did your link
I only mad it worse
So I decided heat of no heat I'm going to cook this!
I flashed the oven up ... A one hour burn .. Hoping that I had enough heat
Sunday afternoon .. The dough goes off like a started roo ,and I put it in the fridge to settle it down.
Did all the fold thing and threw it in.... What tha.
Attachment 41062
It's not the best , but the son has eaten it all,
Thanks Dave
Yes I didn't use to much para cheese not to salty
Good work, It looks good. And your son obviously reckons so... It was lucky I got it mostly okay first time.

There is so much you can do with a WFO. I attempted some sourdough pizza's on Sunday after a couple of weeks cultivating the starter. Pizza's where just passable, not good. I don't think I will try this again. I do want to try some bread, But will make a door first that's not a Lego kit (5 pieces).

Cheers,

Steve

Last edited by brissie; 01-09-2014 at 05:54 AM.
Old 01-10-2014, 01:29 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Gudday Steve
I too tried the sour dough bit but didnt like the smell of it after feeding it for a week. Recon its just too hot and humid and I give it another go when the wheather turns colder
Made some interesting dough replacing the water with beer. Gave you an interesting sourdough effect and the dough rise the same. Just use XXXX gold. Not my idea read it somewhere maybe on the forum. Just use room temp beer, not to high an alcohol content or to bitter a hop and it works well.
You can't tell its got beer in it as I got it past the child bride, she still thinks it the sour dough experiment and she is not to know any different.
Regards dave

My Build

My Door