Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Regional Forums > Australia

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2013, 04:24 AM
Laborer

Default Re: New 36inch castable build in Brisbane

Hi Brissie

You mean storms like we are getting now? Good to get some rain at last at least!

Mark
Old 11-10-2013, 04:49 AM
Apprentice

Finished the front landing, and started another round of oven curing. The dome walls where still at 85 c, late today. Started the gas burner, currently the walls are 250 c, after a couple of hours.

The temporary roof works well, it looks like we have a few days of rain, so this will allow me to continue to cure oven.
Attached Thumbnails
New 36inch castable build in Brisbane-dsc01829.jpg   New 36inch castable build in Brisbane-dsc01830.jpg   New 36inch castable build in Brisbane-dsc01832.jpg   New 36inch castable build in Brisbane-dsc01838.jpg   New 36inch castable build in Brisbane-dsc01836.jpg  

Last edited by brissie; 11-10-2013 at 04:56 AM.
Old 11-10-2013, 04:59 AM
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnl View Post
Hi Brissie

You mean storms like we are getting now? Good to get some rain at last at least!

Mark
Yep. Brisbane weather...
Old 11-11-2013, 05:03 PM
Master Builder

I have watched your build with interest. It looks good and it will be interesting to see how it settles in when you start using it. I am sure that you will find the completion of the oven just the start of the WFO experience. Mine gets plenty of use and my gas use has dropped to near nothing since I finished it.

Congratulations on the rain, Bundy is dry as a chip. Dry enough to have a total fire ban imposed. I clarified it with the Fire & Rescue folk about lighting the forno and was told that it would be ok provided it was attended. I interpreted that as attended until the big door is put in place. Nice to get some common sense decisions from those in authority.

It seems that there is plenty more rain for Brisbane in the next few days and here's hoping some finds its way here.

Enjoy your new oven.

Build Thread
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Build Pics
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Forno Food Pics
Old 11-12-2013, 03:05 AM
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenman View Post
I have watched your build with interest. It looks good and it will be interesting to see how it settles in when you start using it. I am sure that you will find the completion of the oven just the start of the WFO experience. Mine gets plenty of use and my gas use has dropped to near nothing since I finished it.

Congratulations on the rain, Bundy is dry as a chip. Dry enough to have a total fire ban imposed. I clarified it with the Fire & Rescue folk about lighting the forno and was told that it would be ok provided it was attended. I interpreted that as attended until the big door is put in place. Nice to get some common sense decisions from those in authority.

It seems that there is plenty more rain for Brisbane in the next few days and here's hoping some finds its way here.

Enjoy your new oven.
Hi Steve, yes I hope the oven runs well, I am not in to much of a hurry but think I will get to my first pizza within a week. Still some work to do to finish it. This weekend I plan a clean up, haven't done much around the house for a while. The oven has taken over for the 6 weeks or more.

Hope you get some of the rain, much of the east coast may get some according to the BOM. You might get lucky...

I am looking at doors at the moment, yours looks good. I think I will pinch your ideas, if that is okay. I did create a heabel one, but it is soft, so looking at something a little more sturdy.

Cheers,

Steve.

Last edited by brissie; 11-12-2013 at 03:09 AM.
Old 11-12-2013, 03:26 PM
Master Builder

I am happy with the door and the only improvement I have considered is to put a C/F rope seal on where it meets the inner arch. Other than that it works well and keeps the heat in.

Happy to share what works.

Build Thread

Build Pics

Forno Food Pics
Old 11-16-2013, 04:58 PM
Apprentice

The oven has been fired most days this week. I am still amassed at the amount of water exiting the dome. The blue tarp touches in places, and it's still dripping with condensate water at contact points after a fire.

Cooked dinner last night, chicken, potatoes, and corn. Built up the fire and cleared the dome, the oven is still 200 c this morning. I think we have pizza tonight
Attached Thumbnails
New 36inch castable build in Brisbane-dsc01844.jpg   New 36inch castable build in Brisbane-dsc01845.jpg   New 36inch castable build in Brisbane-dsc01846.jpg  
Old 11-16-2013, 10:12 PM
Laborer

Looks great Steve. I'm very envious and you have given me something to aspire too!
Old 11-17-2013, 04:49 AM
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnl View Post
Looks great Steve. I'm very envious and you have given me something to aspire too!
Thanks mnl, we cooked pizza tonight. Photos to following.

Steve.
Old 11-17-2013, 05:09 AM
Apprentice

First pizza's tonight. The first cooked in about 30 seconds flat, the hearth was about 500 c. Way to hot, burnt the bottom a bit of the margherita, but it still tasted good around the black bits.

It looks like under 400 c, is a good place to be for the hearth. The walls of the oven where about 400 to 500c over the cooking period.

The family did most of the pizza topping. We did 11 pizzas, all eaten.

Photos below.
Attached Thumbnails
New 36inch castable build in Brisbane-dsc01848.jpg   New 36inch castable build in Brisbane-dsc01852.jpg   New 36inch castable build in Brisbane-dsc01855.jpg   New 36inch castable build in Brisbane-dsc01856.jpg   New 36inch castable build in Brisbane-dsc01859.jpg  

New 36inch castable build in Brisbane-dsc01861.jpg