Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/)
-   Australia (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f51/)
-   -   Materials supplier in Brisbane (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f51/materials-supplier-brisbane-19275.html)

stevo70 04-28-2013 03:49 AM

Materials supplier in Brisbane

Hi everyone. Very early days for me, still gathering info. Have collected enough besser bricks for my base, cleared a spot in the yard, boxed it all up and I'm ready to pour the first foundation slab. I have also gathered about 100 SRIC K43 furnace bricks. They all need to be halved as they are large and I believe they are 43% alumina. 2 questions, 1. Will these bricks be ok for my dome? and 2, Can anyone put me onto a supplier in Brisbane for insulation material, Floor bricks, Cement fondu? Mortar, flu, door etc... Thanks in advance.

Mistertoy 05-17-2013 04:09 AM

Re: Materials supplier in Brisbane

Firebricks and fireclay - Claypave
Cement Fondu - Lyndons
Flue - Mr Stoves
Insulation floors and walls - Thermal Ceramics, Total Refractory management

Hope that helps
Brett

stevo70 05-17-2013 06:06 AM

Thanks Brett, going shopping soon.

david s 05-17-2013 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mistertoy (Post 152820)
Firebricks and fireclay - Claypave
Cement Fondu - Lyndons
Flue - Mr Stoves
Insulation floors and walls - Thermal Ceramics, Total Refractory management

Hope that helps
Brett

Fireclay from Claypave is a true fireclay designed for high temp refractory use.It is not cheap. I believe that the temperatures we fire to do not warrant such a product and as a cheaper and more readily available clay, I use Bricklayers clay.I also find the Claypave fireclay a bit gritty and coarse and not so suitable for mortar.

Camori 05-23-2013 04:27 AM

Hi Brett Got my supplies in Brisbane from the following

Bricks and fire clay - Claypave Ipswich
Flue - online from Pivitonline - Melbourne
Vermiculte & Perlite - Capalaba produce
CF board & blanket - Total refractory management -

Hope that helps

Cheers

stevo70 05-23-2013 04:39 PM

Thanks everyone. Got it all now. Total Refractory Management for the blanket, Capalaba produce for clay, cement, sand, lime, will make poor mans mortar as everyone swears its good as gold. Flue from BBQ's Galore at Capalaba of all places. Already had my bricks ;) using them as the floor also. Bought some fancy bricks from Rochedale brick works to use on the outside of my arches as the fire bricks are a bit bland. All set...

cobblerdave 05-23-2013 10:29 PM

Gudday
Oasis hydroponics in Caplaba for pearlite vermiculite has a lot of different grades of both.
Regards dave