Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Regional Forums > Australia

Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2014, 03:21 PM
Journeyman

Default Re: Lancer's Philippine Build, Close to Australia Anyhoo...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenman View Post
Hey Lancer. There are a few crutches around, a bit like training wheels I suppose and they are all worth the using. All good and fine for the well practised professionals to do what they do but none post their failures.

It is all a learning curve and previously offered wisdom about making dough that suits your climate and oven is just so true. It is all about what works for where you are and how you do it.

There is probably some obscure place in Russia that makes the best pizza in the world, it is about the person and their skills rather than anything else.

With a bit of experimentation I am sure that you will have a local 'expert' in no time. Better to grow one than buy one.

Just my thoughts. Which ever way you go I expect that you will be a legend anyway!
Hiya Greenman, well I don't mind owning up to my mistakes. Just part of life and people can advise and the outcome improve. The result is what matters to me. So far we've had almost no time to deal with the process of making pizzas. There are always projects and stuff going on. Right now my wife is in the US making some dough and will return in the winter sometime. She helps in organizing projects like that. In truth though, we have just been way too busy. Lets see, our laborer, Peter, has been finishing the walls in the laundry room and painting them white. Today I'm buying white tiles for the floor and "sparkly"-(wife) white tiles for the sink. Sho will install the tiles. Sho is currently installing tiles in the pool over a repair we made, he's pretty far along. Fidel is building a cabinet that I designed years ago but never got to.

Projects, projects. They're finally getting caught up.

Anyway when the work is all finished I'm off to Russia to get a pizza.

Last edited by Lancer; 08-25-2014 at 03:34 PM.