Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Regional Forums > Australia

Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2014, 04:03 PM
Master Builder

Default Re: Lancer's Philippine Build, Close to Australia Anyhoo...

Congratulations Lancer - you would have to be happy with that as the first attempt. It just gets better as you go. Was going to 'like' it but your tasty pics pushed that off the page on my device.

Build Thread
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Build Pics
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Forno Food Pics
Old 06-15-2014, 04:14 PM
Journeyman

What does not is the peel. I have an amazing carpenter, thinking of having him try his hand at gluing and planing wood peels.

Utah, just looked in on your build, its truly something incredible. :b: What a great idea!
Old 06-15-2014, 04:19 PM
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenman View Post
Congratulations Lancer - you would have to be happy with that as the first attempt. It just gets better as you go. Was going to 'like' it but your tasty pics pushed that off the page on my device.
Thanks Greenman. I figured that it would be a learning process but the guys who made my pizzas back in Jersey made it look so easy that I'm a little amazed at exactly how difficult it is. That's the best way though, makes it a challenge.

We also did other stuff wrong, and knew it. Mixed the dough and once the rising was done it went straight onto the trays. We also have two pizza's worth in the fridge until Wednesday or Thursday when we'll try again with it proofed. See how different it is, hope more manageable.

Last edited by Lancer; 06-15-2014 at 04:23 PM.
Old 06-16-2014, 03:29 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Talking Re: Lancer's Philippine Build, Close to Australia Anyhoo...

Good on ya!!!
That's what I like to see. Dry dome . No insulation. Pizza. This is what its all about. Really ... Really happy your enjoying your oven
Regards dave

My Build

My Door

Old 06-16-2014, 05:02 AM
Master Builder

You will find that the dough is different after ageing in the fridge. It does behave much better and tastes better too!

Build Thread

Build Pics

Forno Food Pics
Old 06-16-2014, 01:10 PM
Journeyman

Thanks Cobbler! Sure feels good!

Greenman, I'm very glad to hear it. In the first half the dough put points on the board, but I plan to win big in the second half.

That analogy would work with US football, dunno if it applies to Aussie Rugby, but I hope so. Great game you guys got there btw. Just recently watched some on youtube. :b:
Old 06-16-2014, 03:57 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Well done lancer, food from oven does not matter what it looks like once in belly it's all mixed up any way

You still doing onion dome or not?

Old 06-16-2014, 04:50 PM
Journeyman

Put that off to the next oven. Decided to put another chamber above the oven for the purpose of drying fuel and smoking stuff and that made it too big for the onion. Still want to do it someday though. This oven is good for parties and such but an oven for day to day would be good too. A smaller the oven the more practical the onion...
Old 06-17-2014, 02:49 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

hmmmm I will be doing a second oven but in another location, about 12 klm closer to Melbourne. Will go the same design as my current oven. Feel one is enough however might do it at 42" being the only difference would still go the no or minimal mortar finish inside.

Old 06-17-2014, 03:27 AM
Journeyman

nevermind...

Last edited by Lancer; 06-18-2014 at 05:41 PM.